• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BACK TO REALITY: The future can still be promising. We are not far off from fixing our line

WarPanthers89

I was exited at the thought of having a top franchise QB like most, even though in my heart I knew we could be trading way too much to do so. I believe it’s because we have been hopeless the last couple years and this was a spark. Now that we have come to the reality that Watson is our new most hated QB in the South, I wanted to focus on the state of our team, and how close we could be to correcting our biggest weakness (other than QB obviously.)

@VergeMentioned in another thread that the Panthers have been eying center Bradley Bozeman from the Ravens. If we make a move like this we could be one pick or FA away from being MUCH more talented than last years line. We would then look like this:

LT: Number 6 overall stud Rookie or FA, LG: Christensen, Center: Bozeman, RG: Corbett, RT: Moton 

We could also sign a top free agent LT and trade back in the draft and get a center and QB (we still have many options to plug holes)

Tell me that does not excite you compared to the train wreck we fielded last season along with our new brass balls O line coach. We have a team full of young talent, and we would then be a QB and coach away from competing. We have shown that we will do whatever we can to land a top QB so that could come after this upcoming season when our cap looks sweet and the future of the franchise looks even sweeter when we fire the fraud Rhule. 

With us missing out on Watson, how would you move forward if you were GM  Huddlers? 

C99F5D27-5AAD-4B69-97C5-CD2807D0F69E.jpeg

Edited by WarPanthers89
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

Need to go as young as possible this year and play for the No.1 Overall pick in next year's draft. Sign the least amount of FA possible and play the young guys. Let Darnold play us into that No.1 overall slot then we fire Rhule and go into next year with a new HC, No.1 overall pick, and lots of cap space. No point in trying to win this season to save Rhule's job what would be the point in that?

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin

2 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Need to go as young as possible this year and play for the No.1 Overall pick in next year's draft. Play the young guys let Darnold play us into that No.1 overall slot then we fire Rhule and go into next year with a new HC, No.1 overall pick, and lots of cap space. No point in trying to win this season to save Rhule's job what would be the point in that?

Rhule plays a huge part in winning and losing.  Players don’t want to lose.  It’s not easy to get the #1 pick.  Nobody in Charlotte will be laying down next year.  

(Much to the detriment of the team.)

• Beer 1

Just now, L-TownCat said:

Rhule plays a huge part in winning and losing.  Players don’t want to lose.  It’s not easy to get the #1 pick.  Nobody in Charlotte will be laying down next year.  

(Much to the detriment of the team.)

I'm pretty sure Rhule won't need to throw games with the way he coaches he's perfectly capable of coaching us to that #1 overall pick without changing much of anything

I'm sure the offense will be better than it was in 2021 as long as Darnold is not the starting QB. Darnold should never see the field as the Panthers starting QB again.

The offensive line will certainly be better, especially if they draft a LT at #6. The addition of Foreman shows they are going to commit to the power run game. I think Marshall Jr has a better second season after showing promise last preseason. 

The main issue as always will be the starting QB. I wouldn't mind seeing Mariota signed as a stopgap this season. If Baker Mayfield can be had as a 1 season tryout for a 4th or 5th round pick I think it's a no brainer. 

I think you start to see us make some big signings today and this weekend now that we are out of the Watson sweepstakes.  We have plenty of cap space - and can easily create more if we want to.  Time to make a splash and truly improve this team with difference makers.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Thank you for your post. It's very refreshing. I still want to love this team. Let's work hard and GET BETTER. We have to believe in the coaches that we brought in to do their thing. The positive thing is,we have a very young team.

35 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

I'm pretty sure Rhule won't need to throw games with the way he coaches he's perfectly capable of coaching us to that #1 overall pick without changing much of anything

That’s true if history is any indicator.  But if losing this year counted as winning, he’d win out of spite.

• Beer 1