• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Newton's "cryptic" comment got me to thinkin

MHS831

22 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

You could be right.  To me, that makes the most sense, based on Fitterer's comment.  Willis is just too raw.

Yeah - plus Willis just is not very good.  Sure the physical tools are there, and he’s a good guy.  But his field vision is bad, and that showed even against bad competition.  

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He really won’t be as bad as people are saying. The man knows how to read a defense and carves up the middle of the field. He also has some legs on him. I’d prefer Willis or Howell for upside, but I’ll be ok with Pickett. 

Agreed.  Analysts fall in love with arm strength and year after year those guys tend not to do as well as the QBs who excel at ball placement, anticipation throws, and the ability to progress through reads.  Pickett does all of that well.  Combine all that with a line who actually allows him to get through his progressions and he could be deadly.  

• Flames 2

4 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

It's rather obvious thY  your exaggerated dislike of Pickett is because he's a threat to your UNC boy. It makes no sense otherwise for you to be impelled to say the same thing repeatedly.

No. He's a threat to my Panthers if we draft him. I'm honestly hoping for Howell to end up with the Steelers. That's his best opportunity IMO.

• Poo 1

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Drafting Kenny Pickett is the draft equivalent of what we've been doing acquiring veteran QBs - basically panic overpaying for trash.

You trashed Mac Jones as well and praised guys like Wilson and Lance.  Mac went to the pro bowl and had a much better season than any other rookie in last years class.  We all have our own opinions, but in reality none of us have the talent to accurately scout any draft pick.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

What if you’re wrong?

Always possible. But the odds are stacked against Pickett. He was nothing in college until he was 2-3 years older than his competition and playing on a good vet team in a down ACC. Do the math. It's not the player, it was the situation.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, Smithers said:

You trashed Mac Jones as well and praised guys like Wilson and Lance.  Mac went to the pro bowl and had a much better season than any other rookie in last years class.  We all have our own opinions, but in reality none of us have the talent to accurately scout any draft pick.  

People are ready to crown Jones but I think he is what he is. I always said his ceiling is Kirk Cousins. That's the path he's on. It's not like he lit the world on fire. Hell, he looked terrible against us. None of the hordes of Pats fans sitting around me we're ready to call him the QB of the future.

I loved Wilson and we'll see how he pans out. I never liked Lance.

7 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Feel like trading down and getting Pickett is now our FO's dream draft. Doubt anyone in the Top 10 wants him, so moving down and grabbing a Day 2 pick would be a win right now. 

I think 2 QBs will go in the top 10.  Willis and Pickett

26 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He really won’t be as bad as people are saying. The man knows how to read a defense and carves up the middle of the field. He also has some legs on him. I’d prefer Willis or Howell for upside, but I’ll be ok with Pickett. 

Agreed. I remember a couple of years ago when Herbert came out and we were in the mix to draft him that many on here didn't want to draft him because many thought he would be a bust but look at him now... Actually doing a great job with the Chargers.

I am, in no way, comparing Pickett to Herbert but can we hold off on the bust talk until he actually plays meaningful games in the NFL?

I do think that we should trade back and gain some more draft capital but with our recent free agent signings, to me it is hinting they are going to stay at 6 and weigh their options.

• Flames 3