• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Forget Armstead…. Get Duane Brown

TheBigKat

7 hours ago, tailg8or said:

Still hoping for an LT at #6 who will be on a rookie contract for the next few years.  That said ... I would be happy with either Arm or Brown. 

Put him next to Brown and we are solid across the line.  Still think Brown is our LG.  If it weren't for Rhule wanting his OL to be track stars and capable of playing several positions, he would have been the starter already.  We need an IOL that is the best at playing IOL.  Save the flexibility for backups.

if we draft a rookie LT, then brady can move to LG.

1 hour ago, 1ch1ban said:

I don't think they re-signed Elf to sit on the bench. He's likely penciled in at starting guard where they wanted him last year. 10 OL on the roster atm. Panthers have Christensen listed as a tackle.

Christensen will likely compete with Erving for the starting LT. I wish they would get rid of Erving.

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, 1ch1ban said:

Yes, Brady can play guard or tackle.  However, Brown still needs a legitimate look.  He may be the better player for that position.  Would be happy if either worked out well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2022 at 4:41 PM, CPantherKing said:

I don't think they re-signed Elf to sit on the bench. He's likely penciled in at starting guard where they wanted him last year. 10 OL on the roster atm. Panthers have Christensen listed as a tackle.

Christensen will likely compete with Erving for the starting LT. I wish they would get rid of Erving.

they need to cut erving (maybe at the cost of dead money). i want brad at guard and we draft one of the top new tackles. We can probably trade down for a 4th or 5th tackle and still be able to get what most fans wanted, a QB. I would try to secure a top tackle though. i dont really like late round picks. 

elf is pedestrian too. send him packing with erving too. 

duane brown is mighty old and coming off the worst season in his career. i'd approach this with caveat.

this is the year of OT in the draft. we should capitalize on that.

Should have drafted a QB last year or previous year (not justin fields though) when those two years produce transcendental QBs. this is not the year for QB. Let's not make the same mistake again. Pick strength, not weakness.

• Beer 1