• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kenny Pickett Pro Day today

BurnNChinn

gloves, and small hands, and short arms are things that matter in theory but if in practice the results are fine then they really don't matter.

If the ball gets to the receiver with good accuracy, timing, and velocity the fact it came from a gloved/ungloved hand is irrelevant.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

Not being able to properly grip a football as a Quarterback without wearing gloves isn’t something I would consider inconsequential, especially when the NFL uses a larger ball.

Unless the NFL outlaws wearing gloves, it's inconsequential.

• Pie 1

58 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I just said he is more athletic than Dalton as well. Joe Burris/Mac Jones were the two latest to light up the stat sheets. They seem to be doing ok in the NFL.  He won Pitt their first ACC championship in a long time. 

PS Pitt runs a NFL Pro offense and he broke Marino’s record and Watson’s ACC record. It wasn’t a college air raid offense that Harrell was in. You would know that if you actually watched the games instead of repeating lazy comparisons you read online. 

He had 38 pass attempts per game. They threw the ball more than nearly every NFL offense this year. It's a pro-style offense, but they were very pass heavy this year. It's undeniable. 

Anthony Gordon only trailed Burrow by about 100 yards in 2019. Why isn't he a great NFL QB? 

You call me lazy, but your argument is "the guys who lead college football statistically in 2020 and 2019 are good NFL QBs, therefore Pickett is going to be a good NFL QB." I mean, geez, give me a break. 

I don't think he's "more athletic" than Dalton. But tell me, how does his athletic advantage over Dalton translate to the NFL? What does that mean, exactly? Dalton was an above average runner as a QB. Not a weapon, but mobile enough to make a defense pay for 8-10 yards if they totally ignored him on obvious passing downs.

Do you think Pickett is a weapon as a runner? I sure don't. I think he's exactly what Dalton was: he's fast enough and mobile enough to make a defense that plays him lazily pay for it, but he's not going to add true positive value on called run plays. 

And for what it's worth, I don't think comparing Pickett to Dalton is a total insult. Dalton was a top 20-ish QB for several years. But he's always going to leave you wanting more. He's an asset on a rookie contract, but he's a guy you look at and don't want to pay the going rate at QB, which is minimally $30M+ per year now. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Unless the NFL outlaws wearing gloves, it's inconsequential.

He still struggles with ball security though. 38 fumbles in 52 games is horrendous and that’s with a smaller football.

Do his hands play a factor in that, who knows… but you would think the more surface area that you can cover on the ball and the more grip you have on the ball would help with security.

2 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

He had 38 pass attempts per game. They threw the ball more than nearly every NFL offense this year. It's a pro-style offense, but they were very pass heavy this year. It's undeniable. 

Anthony Gordon only trailed Burrow by about 100 yards in 2019. Why isn't he a great NFL QB? 

You call me lazy, but your argument is "the guys who lead college football statistically in 2020 and 2019 are good NFL QBs, therefore Pickett is going to be a good NFL QB." I mean, geez, give me a break. 

I don't think he's "more athletic" than Dalton. But tell me, how does his athletic advantage over Dalton translate to the NFL? What does that mean, exactly? Dalton was an above average runner as a QB. Not a weapon, but mobile enough to make a defense pay for 8-10 yards if they totally ignored him on obvious passing downs.

Do you think Pickett is a weapon as a runner? I sure don't. I think he's exactly what Dalton was: he's fast enough and mobile enough to make a defense that plays him lazily pay for it, but he's not going to add true positive value on called run plays. 

Andy Dalton had a RAS of 4.38, Pickett has a RAS of 9.24

It does not matter what you "think".

Will his athleticism translate into making him a good NFL QB? Who knows, but dont make statements like that which are not true. At least give the kid his due. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2