• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mariota to the Falcons

Jackie Lee

pretty funny...especially assault #23.  Falcons board melting

The Bodhisattva
@TheToddNewberg
So to recap, in the past 5 days the Atlanta Falcons have…
-> Restructured Matt Ryan for more cap space
-> answered a phone call from Deshaun Watson
-> became his 23rd assault 
-> lost franchise QB Matt Ryan and ate over 40M in dead cap (see above)
-> Acquired Marcus Mariota

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I have a hard time imagining Matt Rhule taking a "project" when he has no guarantee of being here beyond this season.

So you are saying smokescreen or Rhule thinks he can pull off a successful season.  Even Matt Rhule isn't dumb enough to think this is a playoff team with a rookie QB.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I think Howell could be the best of the bunch when all is said and done.  He has many of the same skills.  I am not a good evaluator of QB talent.  Some of my highlights:

1. I laughed at KC when they drafted Mahommes.

2. I thought Hurney's visit to Oregon's pro day to watch Herbert was a smokescreen (since the only QB from Oregon who was ever worth a damn was Dan Fouts)

3.  I thought Josh Allen was a bust waiting to happen.

4. Back in the day, I could not decide between Ryan Leaf and Manning--I grew up a Colt fan.

So my eye for QB talent is abysmal.

So you're telling me your not applying for Mel Kiper's job.  LOL  Than again you probably could do better than Mel Kiper.

I just have this gut feeling whoever takes Howell is going to have a good QB.  Last year at Carolina he had zero help (as compared to 2020).  It's hard to replace 4 NFL caliber players (2 WR and 2 RB) in one season.  After 2020 many had him as the top prospect going into 2021.  

I'll be interested to see how much his stock rises, if at all, at his Pro Day on 28 March.

I got this off the Carolina page.  Howell working out for his Pro Day.

WATCH: UNC's Sam Howell Prepares for Pro Day with Ryan Switzer (247sports.com)

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

So you are saying smokescreen or Rhule thinks he can pull off a successful season.  Even Matt Rhule isn't dumb enough to think this is a playoff team with a rookie QB.

Pickett is almost universally considered the most pro ready quarterback in the draft class.

Add that to the fact that he has history with Matt Rhule and I think a serious possibility emerges.

• Beer 1