• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Malik Willis Pro Day

7 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Did Lamar jackson run a 40? Or kyler Murray? Fact is running a 40 as a qb doesn't benefit you at all. All it does is fuel the... he could be a wr or hb hype.

im not blaming him for not running the 40

as far as positioning yourself to be selected high as possible, you are right it does nothing but hurt you especially when you are thought to have elite mobility

Yeah I really don’t want Willis, I don’t care about having mobile qb. I want someone that can make all the throws and is accurate. Take care of the ball and get rid of it when needed don’t try to make a play happen no matter what. Cam pissed me off the most when he would run backwards like 5-7 yards and then take a sack instead of getting rid of ball and living for another down without losing yards. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

They always throw out the “can’t win it all with one recently.” Well yeah Tom Brady has like half the championships and Russ won one as a runner, but for sone reason he doesn’t count? 

Steve Young did. As far as dual threats, I still consider him the best of the bunch.

To be a successful quarterback in the NFL, these four things are non-negotiable...

- Football intelligence
- The ability to read a defense
- The ability to process quickly
- Good passing accuracy

If you can also run or have great athleticism, that's a bonus but it's not an absolute need.

So if you're looking at a running quarterback, what you have to check is whether he has those four traits.

If he does, great.

If he doesn't, all the running in the world isn't going to make up for it.

• Pie 6

2 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Yeah I really don’t want Willis, I don’t care about having mobile qb. I want someone that can make all the throws and is accurate. Take care of the ball and get rid of it when needed don’t try to make a play happen no matter what. Cam pissed me off the most when he would run backwards like 5-7 yards and then take a sack instead of getting rid of ball and living for another down without losing yards. 

That’s it right there. Mobile QBs think they can use their legs to get out of trouble and in college when you’re the best athlete on the field that’s possible. In the NFL when 300 pound guys are just as fast and quick that won’t work.  

Just now, BurnNChinn said:

Bet you didn't complain when he turned those surefire 3 and out situations into a first down. Again mobility has its ups and downs. But having more options is never a bad thing. Being able to run is seen as a great attribute to have in today's league. Look at most of the top qbs. From kyler, to mahomes Jackson, burrow to a degree, Herbert, Josh Allen they all can run. The age of the statue is dead. You just need to accept it.

10 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Having the offense focused around them absolutely is. Plenty of rushing qbs were written off before this new wave. Or forced to play HB or wr. All the way up to say Marcus vick(Vicks brother headcase I know) but if he came out in this class I dout people would say he can't play qb.

It depends on whether you're a quarterback who can run and pass or you're a quarterback who can run and maybe kinda sorta pass.

Guys with all world running ability but poor to mediocre passing ability don't win in the NFL.

• Pie 2

I for one am interested in this pro day.   I expect him to dazzle.   Do I think he has better upside?  Yes.  Does that mean he will be better?  No.

I also want to see Corral--he is the one who might sneak in and steal the show.  Nobody talking about him.

• Pie 4

Just now, micnificent28 said:

Bet you didn't complain when he turned those surefire 3 and out situations into a first down. Again mobility has its ups and downs. But having more options is never a bad thing. Being able to run is seen as a great attribute to have in today's league. Look at most of the top qbs. From kyler, to mahomes Jackson, burrow to a degree, Herbert, Josh Allen they all can run. The age of the statue is dead. You just need to accept it.

Lol he didn’t make it happen a lot. I wasn’t a big Cam fan but that was me. We could argue about it all day but let’s just agree to disagree.