• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CharlotteObserver Ellis Williams. What are Panthers going to do at QB

raleigh-panther

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

If anyone of those teams want the first choice of the group they will most likely have to trade ahead of us. I'm not buying anyone in the top 5 pulling the trigger.  But dumber things have happened. 

I agree, I don’t see anyone in the top 5 taking him but I really feel that someone will trade up to #5. That will be interesting to see what we do if that happens. Ultimately I would prefer a LT or trade down with the pick we have, but it’s going to be fun to see if another team traded up ahead of us, because we should have some great talent available at that point. Falcons wouldn’t have to give up much to get to 5

2 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I agree, I don’t see anyone in the top 5 taking him but I really feel that someone will trade up to #5. That will be interesting to see what we do if that happens. Ultimately I would prefer a LT or trade down with the pick we have, but it’s going to be fun to see if another team traded up ahead of us, because we should have some great talent available at that point. Falcons wouldn’t have to give up much to get to 5

Let the Falcons trade up if they want to. I doubt they have their eye on the same qb as Rhule does anyway.  If they do it will start the run on 2nd round qbs in the first 15 picks. That will be hilarious. 

• Beer 1

That article cannot possibly be right. Mel Kiper Jr (of ESPN) fame has stated that none of these guys are going in the top 10! He has Pickett going to NO @ 18, Willis going to PIT @ 20, and Corral going to the Lions @ 32! 

I'm being sarcastic of course.

I think/expect all 3 of these guys will be gone before pick 20. I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 are gone before pick 15. If there's a guy in this class we like we need to pick while he's on the board. I don't think we can assume we can trade back more than two or three slots and have the option of selecting one of them.

Edited by SCO96
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I feel like we have a big 4 based on value/need in Icky, Neal, Willis, Pickett.  If they are all gone by 6 we could trade down or look at plan B which is Corral/Cross or of course another position...

Two of those at minimum will be available at 6.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

They tried to get a ransom out of Fields last year and got crap offers, I don't think trades happen in real time as the do in the dream of us non football folks.

The trade offer we know about was low with -100 points.  It didn't look like we countered so we weren't motivated to move either.  In the second round apparently we were willing to move.

Hopefully Willis and Pickett are gone by the 6th pick so the Panthers won’t be tempted to do something stupid.

LT all damn day. 

Maybe the Panthers are waiting to see how the cards are dealt and if they do draft a rookie QB they will sign a Vet stop gap at LT like Duane Brown. There is no way I am relying on Brady C or Cam Erving to protect a rookie QB’s blind side.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

That article cannot possibly be right. Mel Kiper Jr (of ESPN) fame has stated that none of these guys are going in the top 10! He has Pickett going to NO @ 18, Willis going to PIT @ 20, and Corral going to the Lions @ 32! 

I'm being sarcastic of course.

I think/expect all 3 of these guys will be gone before pick 20. I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 are gone before pick 15. If there's a guy in this class we like we need to pick while he's on the board. I don't think we can assume we can trade back more than two or three slots and have the option of selecting one of them.

Maybe.  Fields fell to 11, Jones to 15, Herbert to 6, Hurts to 53, Josh Allen to 7, Lamar Jackson to 32, Mahomes to 10, Watson to 12, Prescott 135.

Tough to predict.  We need the picks, and I'd put them all on the  shelf together.