• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold outta here?

Zod

7 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Only way this makes sense is if we’re bringing in a big time player otherwise it’s just compounding the problem.

how?

18 mil in cap space could upgrade several positions

otherwise that 18 mil is holding a clipboard. 

obviously depends on the pieces in the trade, but i fail to see how this is compounding things. if anything its expediting  righting a wrong. 

Edited by The Huddler

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

What is their idea of a young player? Chubba Hubbard, Terrace Marshall? I mean… we don’t particularly need anymore cap room this year so if we have to give away decent players to get rid of him then you might as well just let him finish out his 5th year.

nooooo to marshall.  that dude is going to be great. 

Chuba, yeah ship 'em out. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

how?

18 mil in cap space could upgrade several positions

otherwise that 18 mil is holding a clipboard. 

obviously depends on the pieces in the trade, but i fail to see how this is compounding things. if anything its expediting  righting a wrong. 

Because it doesn’t make sense to give up a young player just so a team takes darnold and his 19 mill cap hit. It’s just one year and we’re free. We have enough cap as it is. It compounds things because we already gave up a 2nd for Darnold and now we’re gonna give up a young player to get rid of him? Just compounding the horrific mistake of trading a 2nd for him and then signing off on his 5th year contract without seeing him play a down.

the only way this makes sense is if we’re getting a big time player and need more cap room. 

I swear to god if this is so we can trade for Jimmy g I’m done with this team.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I just don't get that logic.  He obviously is horrible and won't be playing here again and he's on the last year of his deal.  Why not just essentially buy him out because you're paying him for the year anyway, and just pay him to go away...  why would I offer assets to another team to do what I can do myself by just buying him out and sending him away?  His hit is off the books next season anyway and its not like we're going to use that 18M this season, so whats the point?

huh?

why wouldnt we use that 18 mil?

depends on what we give up, but getting 18 mil in cap space would go a long way. 

3 hours ago, unicar15 said:

We’re gonna give up an asset to get rid of Rhule’s mistake? That is some trueeeee BS. We better get something in return for that young player other than just “take this poo 5th year option we shouldn’t have given up anyway.”

depends on the asset

giving up an average run of the mil player for 18 mil that could get us several good players..

what am i missing here? seems like a no brainer

27 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Because it doesn’t make sense to give up a young player just so a team takes darnold and his 19 mill cap hit. It’s just one year and we’re free. We have enough cap as it is. It compounds things because we already gave up a 2nd for Darnold and now we’re gonna give up a young player to get rid of him? Just compounding the horrific mistake of trading a 2nd for him and then signing off on his 5th year contract without seeing him play a down.

the only way this makes sense is if we’re getting a big time player and need more cap room. 

I swear to god if this is so we can trade for Jimmy g I’m done with this team.

depends on who the young player is

Someone like Chuba or Shi smith?

thats a no brainer!!    you are basically giving up Chuba or Shi and getting 18 mil in return..

no brainer bro

2 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

depends on who the young player is

Someone like Chuba or Shi smith?

thats a no brainer!!    you are basically giving up Chuba or Shi and getting 18 mil in return..

no brainer bro

I’d rather keep Shi. They can have Chuba or Fletch.