Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Rumors of What Panthers Offered for Jimmy G


Biggdaddi1022
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

What's wrong with being wrong? If I'm a weather man and I tell you it's going to snow and it doesn't you going to attack me for it? Things change factors change situations change. So while on Tuesday the best offer might have been the falcons.. Thursday the browns call again with a better offer..you going to hold me to Tuesday?

We've had drama like this before.

Reporters can be wrong for a lot of reasons:

- Agents put out misinformation to help their clients

- Sometimes players lie too-

-  People misinterpret reports about what someone is thinking of doing as what they're definitely doing

- Even normally reliable sources can get things wrong

- Teams change their minds, but may not want anyone to know that they changed their minds so they act like they didn't

- Who a team gets will be presented as the guy they always wanted (even if he wasn't)

Heck, as childish as it may sound, sometimes a team or a player that doesn't get what they want will act like they never wanted it just to save face.

And on the flipside, fans sometimes get savage when reporters don't tell them what they want to hear (that's silly too).

As to Sheena Quick, I have nothing against her. I get that she's relatively new and trying to build herself up but I haven't seen a load of major mistakes on her part, at least not any that I haven't seen from plenty of others more established folks (generally for one of the reasons listed above).

It's not an easy job.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Pakmeng said:

It's not about being wrong making educated forecast. It's about you being a stalker. Normal people don't do such things.  If this os your reasoning you are digging a deeper hole

Lol I’m a stalker for saying someone is wrong all the time. Shut up dude

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

I saw him badgering Sheena as well for some nonsense. Not sure what his problem is. She seems pretty awesome to me. And her info(she was on the cam newton return before anyone) seems pretty accurate. I don't get the attack on media for things not being 100% accurate. Situations evolve, money players teams can change their minds.

 

Eh, she had the same flaws as a lot of the social media "reporters" do. She is basically a less connected Ian Rappaport. 

Also, not a compliment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

We've had drama like this before.

Reporters can be wrong for a lot of reasons:

- Agents put out misinformation to help their clients

- Sometimes players lie too-

-  People misinterpret reports about what someone is thinking of doing as what they're definitely doing

- Even normally reliable sources can get things wrong

- Teams change their minds, but may not want anyone to know that they changed their minds so they act like they didn't

- Who a team gets will be presented as the guy they always wanted (even if he wasn't)

Heck, as childish as it may sound, sometimes a team or a player that doesn't get what they want will act like they never wanted it just to save face.

And on the flipside, fans sometimes get savage when reporters don't tell them what they want to hear (that's silly too).

As to Sheena Quick, I have nothing against her. I get that she's relatively new and trying to build herself up but I haven't seen a load of major mistakes on her part, at least not any that I haven't seen from plenty of others more established folks (generally for one of the reasons listed above).

It's not an easy job.

More of the wrong now is the rush to be first. That's a widespread problem. Zero vetting, just log on and start spewing.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Eh, she had the same flaws as a lot of the social media "reporters" do. She is basically a less connected Ian Rappaport. 

Also, not a compliment. 

As far as I know, she's independent, not part of any organization I'm aware of. She definitely doesn't have the resources some others might.

And to be fair, that's where Bill Voth was just a few years ago. Same with our buddy Ellis who's leveraged a website and a Twitter page into a sports radio gig.

Heck, even guys who were pushed out of their jobs like Darin Gantt and Aaron Wilson have managed to recover. Took a lot of hard work and dedication, though.

23 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

More of the wrong now is the rush to be first. That's a widespread problem. Zero vetting, just log on and start spewing.

I don't think that's limited to just sports media these days.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

As far as I know, she's independent, not part of any organization I'm aware of. She definitely doesn't have the resources some others might.

And to be fair, that's where Bill Voth was just a few years ago. Same with our buddy Ellis who's leveraged a website and a Twitter page into a sports radio gig.

Heck, even guys who were pushed out of their jobs like Darin Gantt and Aaron Wilson have managed to recover. Took a lot of hard work and dedication, though.

I don't think that's limited to just sports media these days.

She definitely leans on the Rappaport end of the scale. He has never had any filter. Just hear something and immediately report. Hence why he is/was so notorious for being wrong.

  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

She definitely leans on the Rappaport end of the scale. He has never had any filter. Just hear something and immediately report. Hence why he is/was so notorious for being wrong.

I think Rapoport sometimes adds in his own speculation. It might be in response to a question or sometimes it's just "I think what they plan to do is this".

Mind you, he's not the only one that does that. Joe Person does it sometimes as well, and others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is this thread about a trade rumor or someone on Twitter? Here's a tip. If you don't like something don't give it clicks. And also don't keep someone's name on everyone's screen. You are only giving people more exposure by getting worked up this way. Anywho. Do NOT want Jimmy!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Eh, she had the same flaws as a lot of the social media "reporters" do. She is basically a less connected Ian Rappaport. 

Also, not a compliment. 

I don't expect beat writers to be as connected as Ian Rappaport or Adam schefter. Those guys are super stars in the industry. Been around for years decades connections made. Sheena is young and covers just charlotte. 

Screenshot_20220325-090724_Chrome.jpg

Edited by micnificent28
  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Props to these new people coming out and trying to get us more info on the teams we follow ....I mean that's what we all want, right? I mean why the hell else would you be here? For more info and more things to talk about regarding panther football.

Too all of you shitting all over these people who are in the beginning of their time trying to get and send out,  chill the fug down. Are they consistently correct? Maybe, maybe not. It's rumors....things they are hearing and they are figuring who is and isn't good sources and they'll get better as they go. Take what they get is correct and let the rest of it go. 

Seriously, back the fug off or just fug off. 

@BurnNChinn and those others that keep attacking these people giving us something to talk about... Just shut the hell up until you've actually got something to contribute to the discussion beyond "hur hur they're always wrong". You guys make this place miserable.

  • Pie 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


  • PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • ManUP Gummies Australia || https://supplementcarts.com/manup-gummies-australia/ ManUP Gummies Australia Paying little heed to how old you can't avoid being, you won't have to worry about any sexual issues any more since we give these pills, which are prepared for giving you staggering and strong sexual concurrence. Your sexual issues, for instance, troublesome release and minor penis condition, will go, and you will really need to have a mindful relationship with your accessory at whatever stage throughout everyday life. ManUP Gummies Australia Male Improvement is a mix of splendid typical parts that have been sensibly turned out to be helpful for the treatment of sexual difficulties in a very concise timeframe, so sexual troubles won't be a concern for you directly following taking it.   Facebook:- https://www.facebook.com/ManUP.Gummies.Australia.Official/   More Relative Blogs https://zenodo.org/records/11656221 https://manup-gummiesaustralia.webflow.io/ https://manup-gummiesaustralia.jimdosite.com/ https://manup-gummiesaustralia.mystrikingly.com/ https://sites.google.com/view/manup-gummiesaustralia/ https://groups.google.com/g/mailingpostfixusers/c/g3ue3vTvDUA https://blog.rackons.in/manup-gummies-australia-risk-free-at-all-time https://www.instagram.com/manup_gummies_australia/ https://manup-gummies-australia-1.jimdosite.com/ https://manupgummiesaustralia.godaddysites.com/ https://sites.google.com/view/manupgummies-australia/ https://manup-gummies-australia-official.mystrikingly.com/ https://manup-gummies-australia-3095fb.webflow.io/ https://www.daddycow.ie/blogs/view/20100 https://manup-gummies-australia-725f73.webflow.io/ https://sites.google.com/view/man-up-gummies-australia/ https://manup-gummies-australia-2.jimdosite.com/ https://manupgummiesaustralia.mystrikingly.com/ https://zenodo.org/records/11655830 https://manup-gummies-australia-reivews.company.site/ https://manupgummiesaustralia9.godaddysites.com/ https://sites.google.com/view/manupgummiesaustralia/ https://zenodo.org/records/11656183 https://manup-gummies-australia-3.jimdosite.com/ https://solo.to/myrtlemulleno https://manup-gummies-australia-976073.webflow.io/ https://soundcloud.com/voreamorte/manup-gummies-australia-official-get-it-now https://www.yepdesk.com/manup-gummies-australia-reviews-top-rated-genuine-expense- https://winter-supplement.blogspot.com/2024/06/manup-gummies-australia-100-quality.html https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/manup-gummies-australia-100-quality-check-aa795d92fd504f9e97f5935669feb276 https://medium.com/@manup-gummies-australia/manup-gummies-australia-hype-alert-my-experience-2024-d79d29b1448c https://manup-gummies-australia.hashnode.dev/manup-gummies-australia-critical-warning-for-men-know-the-facts-before-buying https://ergologic.microsoftcrmportals.com/el-GR/forums/general-discussion/98734138-472a-ef11-a81c-000d3aab1134 https://community.goldencorral.com/news/manup-gummies-australia-reviews-hidden-truth-reveal-get-it-now https://www.daddycow.ie/blogs/view/20104/manup-gummies-australia-report-2024-shocking-price
    • reading comprehension is hard. you even highlighted it, and still didn’t get it.
    • Yes because nothing happens in the offseason. What a masterful take. Thankfully all the football stuff happens from September to February. Wait didn't they just have something recently? Even an Injury and some contract drama? Nope, couldn't be. There is nothing happening at this time of year according to you.
×
×
  • Create New...