• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Taylor Hawkins Foo Fighters drummer dead at 50.

Brooklyn 3.0

5 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

I don't know about that, but I can see the band taking an extended hiatus as well as cancelling the rest of the current tour.

I mean I hope not but Taylor was such a large part of the band and was one of the faces of it, more so than most drummers.  Every interview with Dave and Taylor.  Dave JUST came out with a solo metal album where he played most of the parts (called Dream Widow) yesterday as well which turned out really good.  

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Zaximus said:

I mean I hope not but Taylor was such a large part of the band and was one of the faces of it, more so than most drummers.  Every interview with Dave and Taylor.  Dave JUST came out with a solo metal album where he played most of the parts (called Dream Widow) yesterday as well which turned out really good.  

I hope not too, but if Dave has been wanting to do other projects anyway, well, this could be what tips him over the edge.

The cause of his death is under investigation by the Office of the Attorney General of Colombia. A preliminary toxicology report found 10 types of substances in Hawkins' bloodstream, including THC (marijuana), tricyclic antidepressants, benzodiazepines and opioids, the attorney general said in a tweet on Saturday. Colombian officials said they will continue to investigate the events leading to his death.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/stefficao/taylor-hawkins-foo-fighters-dies

10 hours ago, Happy Panther said:

Very sad regardless of circumstances. I’m 50 and grew up on late 60s - 80s rock.  Foo fighters are one of the “new” bands I group with LZ, Stones, Etc.. as iconic. Different time, sound and style but iconic for sure.  Just my personal opinion.

RIP