• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers have first round grades on 3 QBs.

Zod

Just now, stbugs said:

If true then this is another nail in the coffin of the entire FO. QB is by far the most important position on the field. If you think there’s a Peyton Manning and a Joe Flacco available and you’d rather take Flacco later and get a 2nd and a 3rd, you are beyond stupid.

This team just offered 3 1sts and other things to Houston for Watson. If they even have an inkling that Willis/Pickett are top tier and are willing to settle for Corral and a 2nd and 3rd, that’s beyond moronic. If they think all three are just OK and have 0 separation then draft a LT and go for broke in 2023 and find the QB you love.

I mean, needing a QB badly doesn't make the QBs any better prespects. I'm not convinced there are any elite QBs in this draft. Not much difference between first, second, third round prospects 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Zod said:

Do you realize you are the most unliked person here and on Twitter?

It's tiring watching people constantly slap you around.

Jay Z Reaction GIF by Complex

Nah it’s annoying hearing all the fake rumors y’all spew out. I could care less what anyone thinks about me idk any of you. Lol

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

If true then this is another nail in the coffin of the entire FO. QB is by far the most important position on the field. If you think there’s a Peyton Manning and a Joe Flacco available and you’d rather take Flacco later and get a 2nd and a 3rd, you are beyond stupid.

This team just offered 3 1sts and other things to Houston for Watson. If they even have an inkling that Willis/Pickett are top tier and are willing to settle for Corral and a 2nd and 3rd, that’s beyond moronic. If they think all three are just OK and have 0 separation then draft a LT and go for broke in 2023 and find the QB you love.

That was my first thought--however, Corral has not been given the hype and press the other 2 QBs received, and maybe they have them rated about equal?  Who knows, but you are right--hitting at QB is so difficult, you don't compromise to add a second or third rounder--only if your preferred QB is the third QB on most other boards.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, BurnNChinn said:

Nah it’s annoying hearing all the fake rumors y’all spew out. I could care less what anyone thinks about me idk any of you. Lol

Clearly, else you would stop being everyone's whipping boy. 

• Beer 2

13 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Detroit:  If you want a QB, hope that the Jags do not take Hutchinson #1 overall (likely).  He is from Michigan, and the Lions would love him.  I still think Goff is better (this year) than the draft picks, so spending the second overall pick on Willis may be exciting, but would it be smart?  The Lions are key.  But if I am them, I use the second first rounder (#32) and the second rounder (#34) to move back into the middle of the first round for a QB--if that is what I decided to do.  The Lions are desperate for a WR, so I think they could trade away the #2 pick (Atlanta?  Seattle?) and move back for Ohio State's Wilson if Hutchinson is gone and they do not like Thibideaux. 

The Steelers at 20 are going to be agressive for Willis--how aggressive?  It would take 2 first rounders and a second to move all the way up for Willis (to get him at #5).  Are they that much in love with him, or would they rather sit back and go with Trubiski and hope he falls closer to them?  With Trubiski, I tend to think the Steelers will sit at #20 and not trade up unless Willis is there around pick #10 or so.

The Falcons seemed to grab Mariota in a quick, face-saving move.  At 8, will they get aggressive now and take the second QB when they have nobody to throw to?  They have ZERO at WR, and they need an Alpha there.  I just think it makes more sense drafting Wilson (WR Ohio St) or London (WR USC).  They could trade BACK or DOWN to do this.

The Seahawks, assuming they do not grab a veteran QB before the draft, are like Atlanta--they could see what they have in Lock during a rebuilding year, or they could go ahead and grab the QB.  Personally, I think they will use some of the Russell Wilson draft capital and move up to #5 for Willis.   However, they need pass rushers and OTs as well, so it will be interesting to see if they decide to go with Thibodeaux (They compare him to Khalil Mack on one Seattle site)  or OTs Cross or Penning.   If you ask me, Willis at #5 in a trade with the Giants is the move.  Of course, if Detroit takes Willis at #2 or Houston at #3, all bets are off--it will probably mean that the Panthers cannot trade back if they want one of the top 3 QBs. 

Did not mean to be so long winded, but I wanted to do a bit of quick research on this viewpoint and I see it as a real possibility.  To say, "Ah, there will be a QB there if we move back to #12 or so" could be faulty logic.

With the exception of Detroit, any of these teams could be trading partners for our pick and I'd say deal it.

At least one of the QBs will be a long term good player, but I have no idea which. I think we pass on QB until the later rounds and maybe grab Howell (if he falls to the third) or Zappe even later. If we can grab either, throw them out there and get them some experience. I'm not looking for a long-term starter there, just a backup QB on the cheap that has some kind of upside.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

That's what's fuging everyone up about this QB class. There is no Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck or Trevor Lawrence prospect. Hell, there's no Cam Newton either. There's no slam dunk prospect. There's no physical freak that makes you willing to roll the dice. There are just some typical good but flawed on paper prospects that you have to sort through.

• Pie 1

To be honest, I secretly want Willis, but understand that he could be a bust--I logically want to win now and that makes Pickett my choice---but I do not want to see 2 fumbles per game as BC is bull rushed into his blind side.  Corral--I think he is quietly the most stable, has extensive experience in the RPO etc.  And he took a Mississippi team and they won offensive shoot outs.  That offense averaged about 30 pts a game. 

So I am torn and just going to sit back and watch the show.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

With the exception of Detroit, any of these teams could be trading partners for our pick and I'd say deal it.

At least one of the QBs will be a long term good player, but I have no idea which. I think we pass on QB until the later rounds and maybe grab Howell (if he falls to the third) or Zappe even later. If we can grab either, throw them out there and get them some experience. I'm not looking for a long-term starter there, just a backup QB on the cheap that has some kind of upside.

Preach the truth--nobody does!

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's what's fuging everyone up about this QB class. There is no Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck or Trevor Lawrence prospect. Hell, there's no Cam Newton either. There's no slam dunk prospect. There's no physical freak that makes you willing to roll the dice. There are just some typical good but flawed on paper prospects that you have to sort through.

Amen to that. We are at such a crossroads with this regime that if they pick wrong they are gone for sure. 

11 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Are you responding to this quote from my post?:
"With Trubiski, I tend to think the Steelers will sit at #20 and not trade up unless Willis is there around pick #10 or so" 

Please read more carefully. 

The Steelers are gonna sit right there and draft Sam Howell and in three years everyone is going to be looking back and realizing how badly the rest of the league botched this QB draft class while the Huddle is still breaking down upcoming QB prospects because we're still flailing in the wind.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2