• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule: One QB will be a top 10 pick this year

Zod

5 hours ago, John_Sutter said:

More likely a team in the later part of the first would want to move up for a DE like Thibodeaux or OT like Ekwonu. My bet is Willis to the Seahawks at 9 is the only QB taken in the top 10. 

If Rhule doesn’t think other teams are buying the QB hype, then we need to raise our perceived interest in the top tier players, no matter the position, to incentivize a trade up from the mid-teens or twenties. 

and THEN draft a QB. This sounds like a solid plan if you think Christensen is a starting LT and you can still draft a franchise LG with the new second round draft pick you just traded for.

24 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Every scout, every analyst concedes this year sucks and next year has huge potential.  Multiple prospects 

They do. But the point is that this time last year everyone was taking about Rattler and Howell being clear cut number ones etc. We’ll see what it looks like this time next year. It looks like a potentially strong class next year, but it is far from guaranteed.

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Jesus christ dude.  If that's your argument then you probably need some fresh air 

That the top QB draft class didn’t live up to their hype? That the weaker class before had more successful rookie years? Yeah I need a breath or two…

Just now, Martin said:

They do. But the point is that this time last year everyone was taking about Rattler and Howell being clear cut number ones etc. We’ll see what it looks like this time next year. It looks like a potentially strong class next year, but it is far from guaranteed.

Most every year is better then this year.   this is the worst class, on paper, since like 2013 or 2011.   Its almost a certainty that next year will have better options and furthermore its almost a certainty with Rhule coaching and darnold at qb we will be in a position to either draft one or trade up to get someone we like

Just now, ForJimmy said:

That the top QB draft class didn’t live up to their hype? That the weaker class before had more successful rookie years? Yeah I need a breath or two…

After a fuging year with 2 of the 3 having poo show coaching staffs and the 3rd sitting the bench for a year.  You are really trying to grade last years qb?  God damn dude that is retarded

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

After a fuging year with 2 of the 3 having poo show coaching staffs and the 3rd sitting the bench for a year.  You are really trying to grade last years qb?  God damn dude that is retarded

That’s how it always works. The top prospects typically go to terrible teams. My point is if it’s such an incredible class, why did the previous year outperform them on rookie seasons. Because it’s a educated guess based on potential? It doesn’t matter if “every scout” is so low on this class then we won’t take one based on our scouts. So just relax…

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Most every year is better then this year.   this is the worst class, on paper, since like 2013 or 2011.   Its almost a certainty that next year will have better options and furthermore its almost a certainty with Rhule coaching and darnold at qb we will be in a position to either draft one or trade up to get someone we like

I hear you, I’m just not ready to say next year is great yet. Not convinced last years class was great either, but we’ll see.