• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

News: OT rule changed. Both offenses will get a chance in OT now during the Playoffs.

NCTHFL0567

9 hours ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

I’m not even sure the NFL is worth watching anymore. All it does is add air time which adds ratings, or so the league things. Teams are about to get cutthroat, honestly I don’t see an issue with it. Probably still not worth watching though. 

• Beer 1

BS, it's still not fair.. now the team with the ball 2nd can just go for all 4th downs and play way looser then the team that gets the ball 1st. How is that fair? TD wins was the best way, it still made playing defense important. 

Yeah, this was the right move. Needs to be in the regular season, too.

The whole "teams have to play defense" argument would hold water if the rules didn't favor the offense so heavily. The old way would have worked for the 1973 Bears, but it's a scoring league now and this rule needs to reflect that reality.

30 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Yeah, this was the right move. Needs to be in the regular season, too.

The whole "teams have to play defense" argument would hold water if the rules didn't favor the offense so heavily. The old way would have worked for the 1973 Bears, but it's a scoring league now and this rule needs to reflect that reality.

I am also thinking how this new rule could make games more exciting. Think about last year Chiefs go down and score and then the Bills go down and score and instead of kicking a field goal they opt for 2 or the Chiefs do the same forcing the Bills to go for 2 on their possession. 
I see nothing but positives from this rule change. 

• Pie 1