• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ Walker vs Malik Willis

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, I kinda think the modern NFL offense tips the scales more toward physical ability and a little bit away from the mental side. Not that the mental side isn't vital (Sam Darnold being Exhibit 1A), but today's spread formations with more options available makes the defenses tip their hand a bit more than in the past and creates more obvious mismatches. Just my opinion. I can see it either way.

I would have said 95%-5% 20, 30 years ago.  But same page.

26 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

That’s the stupidest poo I’ve heard of. Tepper should just fire Rhule if that is his plan. Why sign these 1 year guys? Why restructure contracts and ruin next year’s cap? Complete nonsense…

Some people want to trade every good player for a draft pick and tank every year for better draft picks. They're not football fans. They're just obsessed with the NFL Draft.

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Thats a bingo.  Except it would be an intentional tank it would be the rhule and darnold norm

You don't actually believe the league would just let us tank do you? After public claims of money being offered to head coaches for doing just that. You aren't that gullible I hope.

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

You don't actually believe the league would just let us tank do you? After public claims of money being offered to head coaches for doing just that. You aren't that gullible I hope.

I meant to say “wouldn’t” be intentional 

darnold and rhule are both respectively really bad at their jobs

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

Some people want to trade every good player for a draft pick and tank every year for better draft picks. They're not football fans. They're just obsessed with the NFL Draft.

To think an owner would bank on a coach tanking seems extreme. Just fire the coach and don’t let him do more damage. I love the draft, but that is nonsense…

17 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Yes but I don't think he projected as a top qb because he was undersized didn't have the arm all that stuff. Didn't he go late in the draft?

He was 6'2 225 and could run. But yes late in the draft to Pittsburgh. 

I have a Steelers friend who always cusses how they took Tee Martin over Tom Brady lol

21 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Bro.. news flash.. the age of the pure pocket passer is over... go look at the top qbs in the league most of them have some kind of movement ability. And having the ability to run doesn't mean that's all you can do. Having more ways to attack a problem is always better than oh I hope this happens.. 

Every top qb draft in the last I would say 8 years has run atleast a 4.7 or so... the college ranks just aren't pumping out Tom Bradys or Payton mannings anymore. You have the occasional Mac Jones but it's now the outliner instead of the main show. Pocket passers also fail at the next level so it's not just because a guy can run he won't be successful.

Theres a difference between mobile qbs and running qbs. Patrick mahomes is mobile, but he still stays in the pocket or moves outside of the pocket to look for open receivers, he doesn't just straight run if his first read isn't open. Josh allen is similar, they run when they have to they don't rely on their athleticism entirely if they can't see anyone

22 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Probably only Vick and Lamar Jackson fit that description lol. 

Justin Fields probably fits that though.    

I mean, he doesn't have the same elusiveness as those two but he has the speed. 

4 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Go look at what Allen did at Wyoming… (Spoiler- nothing impressive at all). Willis had Liberty ranked in 2020 and beat bigger programs in Virginia Tech and Syracuse (they suck but should be able to handle a Liberty University). 

yay another josh allen malik willis comparison