• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Charlotte Observer reports "there's a strong chance" QB Sam Darnold will be the Panthers' Week 1 starter.

TheSpecialJuan

It’s hard to say what will happen 

sometimes, hope has to be given to the paying faithful attending games and buying gear and food at the stadium, drafting a QB would do that 

.….……..until it doesn’t but giving the illusion of having a qb in waiting may be they can sell the ‘Sam just needed people around him’ pipe dream again 

frankly, given all the very tragic things going on in the world today that none of us can fix, at least we do have this distraction 

if I had to guess     they will draft a qb in the first rd and Try and sign Duane brown or perhaps get lucky, trade down, pick up a second and bring in a qb in one of those rds 

• Beer 1

Just now, MasterAwesome said:

I am so confused.......the same posters who have said multiple times in countless threads that their preferred strategy is to draft an LT and just roll with Darnold for another season, are the same ones losing their minds about that exact prospect coming to fruition?

Not me.  It’s the only way out of this mess rhule has made.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, KeepPounding5859 said:

If we are able to get either Icky or Neal in the 1st round I would offer the Iggle's either our 4th round pick #137 and P.J. Walker or next years 4th with incentives to become a 3rd for Gardner Minshew.  Worst case, there is legit competition for Darnold, the team may get reinveriratoed by a QB who can actually start in the NFL, and we find what may just be the next Jake Delhomme. 

4th round picks are more miss that hit, so I would feel like this would be a great use of the pick.

Good plan in general if you want  decent season a Rhule around in 2023.  Also, Fitts made it no secret he plan to build the Panthers like the Seahawks did.  Build a solid team, then draft a rookie QB and have them on the cheap for 4-5 season.  We are still a year away from that becoming a reality.  This team is still work in progress and none of the QBs in this draft are Russell Wilson.

• Beer 1

42 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

I am so confused.......the same posters who have said multiple times in countless threads that their preferred strategy is to draft an LT and just roll with Darnold for another season, are the same ones losing their minds about that exact prospect coming to fruition?

As fans most of us want something to hope for. Even if rolling with Sam is the smart move it doesn’t make it any easier to swallow….

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

23 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

As fans most of us want something to hope for. Even if rolling with Sam is the smart move it doesn’t make it any easier to swallow….

But I'm talking about the people who have already stated that they want to roll with Darnold as their preferred move and avoid reaching for one of these QBs.  Those are the same people posting dumb GIFs begging for pie and being the most vocal about how stupid this organization is for doing what they've already said they want to do.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, janderson20vt said:

Anyone who wants this must not have watched him last year. If we don't at the minimum draft a later round QB prospect there's no fuging way this team is gonna be watchable. 

There is a reasonable chance that even if we take a QB at 6 that we will be unwatchable. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, janderson20vt said:

Anyone who wants this must not have watched him last year. If we don't at the minimum draft a later round QB prospect there's no fuging way this team is gonna be watchable. 

I'd be very interested in Strong. Of course we'd have to trade back into Day 2 to take him. 

• Pie 1