• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

big Saints / Eagles trade

Captain Morgan

15 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly think this isn't all that accurate and a lot of it is because there isn't a slam dunk top prospect among them and this class is right on the heels of last year's very strong on paper class. I mean, folks... the reality is that Trevor Lawrence and Andrew Luck type prospects are a rarity. That's why they're considered "once in a decade" type prospects. IMO, this is a fairly typical QB class. Some good, but not perfect on paper prospects.

They'd all be second round picks if they came out last year in that Draft class. 

That's the long and short of it. It's a down year for QB prospects - I hope to god we don't panic and pick one in the first round. 

Edited by OldhamA
  • Beer 1

I get that the Huddle has some real Panthers Derangement Syndrome, but I can't believe people are propping this up as a good move by the Saints.  This trade makes zero sense and it's dumb for a team as cap-strapped as the Saints to so willy-nilly jump the gun in forfeiting draft capital.

Edited by MasterAwesome
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

They'd all be second round picks if they came out last year in that Draft class. 

That's the long and short of it. It's a down year for QB prospects - I hope to god we don't panic and pick one in the first round. 

How is Trey Lance a better prospect than Willis?

14 minutes ago, Growl said:

no they won’t, it’ll be a weak class, it’s the ‘24 class they should wait for, now that’s a great class, draft a Center

You saw anyone we put behind C get obliterated last year and still you're making these posts that 'hog molly' picks are boring.

I'd say I'm baffled, but this is the Huddle after all. 

• Pie 1

Just now, OldhamA said:

You saw anyone we put behind C get obliterated last year and still you're making these posts that 'hog molly' picks are boring.

I'd say I'm baffled, but this is the Huddle after all. 

boring? What you are talking about? 

this sounds like some madden edgelord commentary from you my guy 

were talking about employing a super bowl winning formula as it pertains to the draft and maximizing return on investment.

I get that some euro futballer may not understand those mechanics, but it’s how the draft is operated here. Nobody loses a football game because of who is playing center like lol.

• Poo 1

8 minutes ago, Growl said:

It’s easier than ever for these kinds of traits to translate now, the windows are massive as the rules have changed. Getting a guy who can prolong how long those already large windows stay open is a nice trait to have in house.

Yeah that's true when I think about what you are saying. Agreed

1 minute ago, Panthercougar68 said:

The play it safe crowd will bitch and moan every time Malik Willis throws a touchdown against Carolina.

This. watching all these insecure posters try to dig their heels in and “beg them” to “do it” is laughable because they’ll be the first ones to aw shucks and “how could we have known what he’d turn into?” as the panthers get blown out in a meaningless game at the end of the season.

• Pie 1

Just now, Waldo said:

More upside, better talent and better size...both need to sit a year and then it's learn or burn time. 

I honestly don't see it. I think they're very similar in terms of prospects. I'm not big on either, but I can't see making an honest argument for one being vastly superior to the other as a prospect.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

How is Trey Lance a better prospect than Willis?

I didn't like Lance at all - but he's got prototypical Franchise QB size (Willis is on the smaller side) and he put up a better season than Willis has during his one year as a starter.