• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

big Saints / Eagles trade

Captain Morgan

8 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Do you think that drafting another Sam Darnold/Teddy Bridewater is the answer? lmfao 

Do we need a QB? Yes. Does that mean you should reach for a QB? Please...

You want a QB. So do I. But you have to base these decisions in reality. Good news for you is a don't trust this staff to do that. 

Oh wow man do I have to Base These Decisions in Reality with Facts and Logic?

do you have any other sacred wisdom/generic internet cliches substituted for arguments to share with us

the Reality and the Facts are that a divisional rival appears to be out maneuvering the panthers for “another Sam darnold” (like lol why do I really doubt that you have some kind of meaningful on field comparison to make between the two)

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Saints really devaluing next years picks for this year with a 1st year HC. 

Bold Strategy Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

They are built to win now but they need a QB. Willis won't be ready this year and I would love to play Picket twice a year. Maybe Corral. I would think they are getting ready to make a trade for one instead but boy do I hope they draft one. 

Unfortunately, I think you're right. Except that I think Pickett is the QB of the draft. If the Saints think that too and are willing to make those moves to get him then maybe I'm not wrong. 

Just now, Panthers Rhule said:

Unfortunately, I think you're right. Except that I think Pickett is the QB of the draft. If the Saints think that too and are willing to make those moves to get him then maybe I'm not wrong. 

If the saints move to 5 and pick pickett and push Neal or Icky down to us at 6 I wouldnt stop laughing at them for a month

• Beer 2

7 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Look, I agree with the sentiment. And I wont pitch a fit if we do take a QB because we have to at some point. But I am more making the point that there is a counter argument. A lot of people believe this is a poor QB class. And if our staff believes that then I don't want them taking one based solely on need.

Personally, I think the class next year has numerous prospects ahead of this years class. If we could get a long term LT this year then that is what I would do. But I am typically a Panthers optimist. If we draft a QB then I will absolutely rally behind him. But suggesting that passing on a QB at 6 is stupid is silly  to me. It seems nearly a consensus across the league that these QBs are only being talked about as 1st round prospects because it is a very weak class at the position. Idgaf how good Willis looks physically, I said last season I wouldn't touch Lance that high and I wouldn't touch a QB from Liberty that high either.

The guy we just spent the better part of the last year and a half trying to trade the entire franchise to get was the third QB chosen in a "weak QB class". He was chosen two picks after Patrick Mahomes. They went #10 and #12 overall. Class sure doesn't seem weak now, does it?

• Flames 2

28 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Ironically....Fields, Lawrence, and Wilson are arguably the three QBs who were as bad or worse than Darnold last year.  Maybe we should wait for these rookies to actually do something before we get too triggered about missing out on them.

They're rookies he's a fifth year pro who played like dogshit the same as he always has. Some of ya'll are so hard up to convince yourselves no QB is worth the risk of drafting.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Growl said:

Oh wow man do I have to Base These Decisions in Reality with Facts and Logic?

do you have any other sacred wisdom/generic internet cliches substituted for arguments to share with us

the Reality and the Facts are that a divisional rival appears to be out maneuvering the panthers for “another Sam darnold” (like lol why do I really doubt that you have some kind of meaningful on field comparison to make between the two)

You are trying too fugging hard and thats why most posters on here are disagreeing with you. But sure, maybe we should be like the Saints and trade away multiple future picks to move up a few spots and take a QB from Liberty university just to make sure our rivals can't. Nothing could possibly go wrong doing that. Liberty is a NFL producing machine. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The guy we just spent the better part of the last year and a half trying to trade the entire franchise to get was the third QB chosen in a "weak QB class". He was chosen two picks after Patrick Mahomes. They went #10 and #12 overall. Class sure doesn't seem weak now, does it?

Again, I am not arguing with your sentiment. I am saying that its pretty dumb to take a QB if you don't believe in him. Do you disagree with that statement?

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It wasnt really a weak class if 3 guys went in the top 12

Just now, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Again, I am not arguing with your sentiment. I am saying that its pretty dumb to take a QB if you don't believe in him. Do you disagree with that statement?

Agreed. But it seems a lot of Huddlers think these pre-draft class evaluations are rooted in fact. That Mahomes/Watson draft was considered a really strong WR class. Three WRs went in the top 10 over Mahomes and Watson. Those WRs? Corey Davis, Mike Williams, and John Ross. Holy poo. OOPS!

• Pie 1