• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

big Saints / Eagles trade

Captain Morgan

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Read some tea leaves people.

Tea Time GIF by Buzz_Bingo

We have signed 2 starting offensive lineman and we have a sophomore (BC) waiting to start.  We re-signed Moton last year.  They seem to like Elf at C.  In other words, we upgraded (in our minds) 60% of the offensive line.  OT is a luxury at this point (based on Brady's play there last year), not a necessity.

We have 2 QBs on the roster, and one is a bust and the other is a USXFLArenaWorldLeague MVP.  He (Our backup QB) has a 54.5% completion rating with 1 TD and 3 Ints.  Darnold is in the last year of his contract and is set to earn about a half million per interception in 2022.  We went in hard after a sure fire franchise qb and came away in fourth place, but have done nothing else at QB.  We sent everyone we had to the top QB pro days. 

We have the sixth overall pick. 

Do you REALLY think we are taking a Tackle?  Really?

The Saints know this--and they (in my opinion) want Willis or Pickett.   I have been thinking the #5 pick is going to be traded for a QB (Possibly Seattle, Atlanta, Pittsburgh,and now New Orleans), so I sorta expected this.  Seattle, however, could decide to trade with the Jets, or the Lions could take Willis at #2---if so, that would suck if we want Pickett.

I say sit tight and trade back.  Grab a developmental QB--Ridder, Howell, or even Corral--later in the round and draft a player on day 2.

I want Neal about as bad as I wanted Sewell last year. These QBs are not worth where they will go, I got three in the 1st round, all will be reaches. I can be talked in a DE, cause Im a DL whore. If iants want to make the biggest mistake in their history, I will allow them to do so....Not even going to try to predict what happens next.

MHS I told you this draft would be as crazy as the free agency, this was one hell of a start....

12 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Sam was the QB last year with a much worse line.  That was a 5 win team.  Banking on us getting the top pick isn't a good idea.  The 1-4 was an exaggeration kind of...  It is a QB obsessed league now and last year they went 1-3 with them having questions.  Zach Wilson was a bit of a one year wonder with injuries to his throwing shoulder (still went 2), Trey Lance played in a smaller division and was a big of a project and still went 3.  Mac and Fields fell, but Mac was questioned because he was surround my talent and limited physically.  If this next class is as great as you think it is, it can go 1-4 QBs.  Otherwise the 4th-5th option is going to have some red flags.   If we drafted Mac last year in that great QB class, how do you think that would have looked?  Him behind our line with our staff developing him?  He needed the Pats OL, running game, and staff to have success.  So even the 4th best option in last year's class wouldn't have worked here.  

Darnold didnt get the zona win

Darnold also got 3 wins right out of the gate under dubious circumstances.  We are picking top 10 next year more then likely top 5. 

For all this talk about improved line I will believe it when I see it because it seems we say the same thing each and every year

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I tried making a bet on him. He didn't respond. 😂

Other teams have to feel like I do, but all it takes is one and my god there are some dumb teams.....iants normally are among the brightest and they pulled off this herniay-like trade. 

Edited by Basbear

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Darnold didnt get the zona win

Darnold also got 3 wins right out of the gate under dubious circumstances.  We are picking top 10 next year more then likely top 5. 

For all this talk about improved line I will believe it when I see it because it seems we say the same thing each and every year

Yeah banking on us getting the top pick is not the best idea....  I'm not saying it won't happen, but not a good idea.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Other teams have to feel like I do, but all it takes is one and my god there are some dumb teams.....iants normally are among the brightest and they pulled off this herniay-like trade. 

I sincerely hope they trade up in front of us. If they take Corral or Pickett, I would have some level of concern. Outside of that, PLEASE take them. We get an elite OT or DE prospect.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly don't see it. I think they're very similar in terms of prospects. I'm not big on either, but I can't see making an honest argument for one being vastly superior to the other as a prospect.

The interviews I listened to pre-draft prep were really strong for Lance, that dude has it all he just needed better coaching. He has a better arm and size. I liked Lance's film more than Willis. I would vote on Lance 10 out of 10 times vs Willis but that is just me.

Doesn't mean a damn thing until either does something worth talking about in the NFL tho. I still think it is BS that Lance won't start this year. I still think all that needing to sit another year stuff is just to keep Jimmy G's trade value up. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Betting on the outcome of draft picks is dumb. Betting on the outcome of a draft prospect's career is even dumber.

Sorry, but them's facts 

You made a comment about taking Howell versus the field, which is a ridiculous suckers bet anyway. 

But, I was prepared to have a defined and agreed upon set of criteria to evaluate against. 

Those odds are insanely stacked in my favor though.

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

Doesn't mean a damn thing until either does something worth talking about in the NFL tho. I still think it is BS that Lance won't start this year. I still think all that needing to sit another year stuff is just to keep Jimmy G's trade value up. 

If that's what they're doing it's working about as well as that Mac Jones smokescreen.

• Flames 1