• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

big Saints / Eagles trade

Captain Morgan

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Very possible.

I still wonder what happens if Joe Schoen gets a call from his old buddy Dan Morgan though.

I don't think the buddy factor plays near the role that you think. At the end of the day, you're still taking the deal that you think is best for your team. Buddies or not.,

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think the buddy factor plays near the role that you think. At the end of the day, you're still taking the deal that you think is best for your team. Buddies or not.,

Who's to slay we'd offer a bad deal, though?

And I've seen more than one trade be influenced by who was doing the trading.

2 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Says a lot.  Sounding like them and the Giants are planning on swinging this deal.

New Orleans is up to something.  NYG are looking to gain some draft capital and could trade down with N.O.   Not sure they'll be drafting a QB but they could be after one of the top LTs available.

Going to be in interesting 3 weeks. 

2 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

New Orleans is up to something.  NYG are looking to gain some draft capital and could trade down with N.O.   Not sure they'll be drafting a QB but they could be after one of the top LTs available.

They seem to be thinking a qb will fall to them and then they snag a top wr. 

22 hours ago, Green-Ghost said:

??? I am missing something.  Why would the Eagles want to make this trade?

22 hours ago, stbugs said:

I have no idea. TBH, they appear to have lost a lot of value. The Saints haven’t been a top 10 drafting team so those future picks could end up being not nearly what they expected.

At a base level you ignore the 6th/7th and it’s 2 firsts for 2 firsts, 1 2nd and a late comp 3rd where 1 first is 2023 and the second is 2024. NO is obviously risking they collapse but they’ve still got a lot of talent especially on OL and D, but Philly doesn’t seem to be getting enough. I mean if NO hits on 16 and 19, Philly probably loses big time.

I don’t know why Philly would do that trade without knowing they got good value. Only reason I can think of is that they want more ammo for next year’s QBs.

Its a little confusing, but this how it is in simple terms-

saints- 16th overall pick

iggles- 1,2,3

Yes the 1, 2, and 3 are future picks, but I would do this deal form iggles side, its a compete 1 one-sided. Like we trade 1st *AND* you give me 2 AND 3???? I take that alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll day.

Think of this- that 1,2,3 saints gave for a unknown young player. That 1,2,3 could be traded for 99% of the league, that return is a star pro-bowl level package for a proven player.

Only way like works out for the saints, if they have a deeeep playoff run. They lost all-pro LT, all-pro S and a top 5 HC. The guy replaced HC has a worse W/L than Matt Rhule.

Edited by Basbear

17 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I think they could possibly be open to the Giants swap if a particular QB or LT slips....say they are over the moon for Neal, and Pickett...one of them slides to 5 they swap....if both are gone, they hold on and move on.

Who knows, but they certainly have a player or two they are in love with...IMO

20 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Very possible.

I still wonder what happens if Joe Schoen gets a call from his old buddy Dan Morgan though.

Man, I really hope we go Tackle and not try to make up for past mistakes...although I would totally understand the rational.

I just think a bookend T to go with Moton would benefit this team for at least 4 more years.

18 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I think they could possibly be open to the Giants swap if a particular QB or LT slips....say they are over the moon for Neal, and Pickett...one of them slides to 5 they swap....if both are gone, they hold on and move on.

Who knows, but they certainly have a player or two they are in love with...IMO

Yeah I believe that trade to obtain another 1st round pick is to move up and like you said they clearly have their eyes on some player.  It will be interesting to see who.

52 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Man, I really hope we go Tackle and not try to make up for past mistakes...although I would totally understand the rational.

I just think a bookend T to go with Moton would benefit this team for at least 4 more years.

Some of us have been dreaming about that sort of thing for years now.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2