• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quarterback Visits

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

I was thinking more of trading back into the late 1st early 2nd. 

Fitterer is not opposed to use players as trade bait for a draft slot. He's mentioned it on more than one occasion. He seems itching to try it at least. 

Trading back into the 2nd or even first is going to be more draft capital, players wont get it done.  If we give away our 2023 first for a qb that has slide in this years first then I honestly and truly will delete my account here and be done with this team. 

Zappe has a noodle arm.  Like the crappy ramen style, not even like a solid linguine like Pennington.  

Willis, Corral, Howell, & Coan would be my only ones for consideration if we somehow move down or find ourselves in a situation picking between 6 & 137.

• Pie 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Trading back into the 2nd or even first is going to be more draft capital, players wont get it done.  If we give away our 2023 first for a qb that has slide in this years first then I honestly and truly will delete my account here and be done with this team. 

Be prepared for anything my friend.  This current front office seems hell bent on getting a "franchise" qb no matter the cost.   If you go by what they've said publicly next year's picks are not off the table. 

Now I do not think they would necessarily resort to that but I would not rule it out.  

Given the state of things in Panthers land getting a QB has always been at the top of the list. Yes, a LT is still a top wish list but it's always been number 2 in the team's view, or should I say Teppers. 

They will take a qb somewhere in this draft. No, he won't be a franchise qb right out of the box. Yes, he will be better than what is currently on the roster.

The only thing that will stop them from getting one is not getting an opportunity to pick any of them.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, saX man said:

Zappe has a noodle arm.  Like the crappy ramen style, not even like a solid linguine like Pennington.  

Willis, Corral, Howell, & Coan would be my only ones for consideration if we somehow move down or find ourselves in a situation picking between 6 & 137.

Yeah, that dude was FUN to watch in college in that offense. I'm just not seeing translatable NFL traits. Not every great college player has translatable traits.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, that dude was FUN to watch in college in that offense. I'm just not seeing translatable NFL traits. Not every great college player has translatable traits.

Same to be said with Strong in that Nevada offense. 

Not only were the reports about him interviewing poorly/being kind of a turd recycled at the combine, but his pro-day was apparently a flop and there were the reports about him struggling.  He may be a rare case of a pro day causing stock to drop even further.  Strong may end up a 5th to 6th rounder. Zappe, maybe 6-7 or UDFA.  

Just now, saX man said:

Not only were the reports about him interviewing poorly/being kind of a turd recycled at the combine, but his pro-day was apparently a flop and there were the reports about him struggling.  He may be a rare case of a pro day causing stock to drop even further.  Strong may end up a 5th to 6th rounder. Zappe, maybe 6-7 or UDFA.  

Strong definitely has an NFL arm but I don't think his arm is all that special. Kind of a run of the mill good NFL arm.

The next year's draft picks not being off limits or being available is huge. What if our crowd decides to one up the Saints and trade like them but trade with the Giants to get 5 and 7. Giving the Giants 6 plus next year's 1st rounder plus whatever it takes. We then draft in their view a franchise Qb plus a LT in this year's draft. I'm not in favor of this but I think this whole group is desperate to get a Qb, but they know they have to get a 10 year LT too. Crazy times right now.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, thunderraiden said:

Fitt just admitted in his last presser that they didn't bring in Russell Wilson when he was in Seattle so people would think they weren't interested

What if by sharing this information he was steering people away from the idea that he is really interested in one of the players he's meeting with and not one of the players he's not visiting with?

• Flames 1

43 minutes ago, saX man said:

Like Fitts said about them and Russell and what smart teams do.

They act like they don't want/like a guy but they've done their homework.

Anybody can say whatever but on the football field Carson Strong is a star...

Screenshot_20220404-174146~2.png

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Like Fitts said about them and Russell and what smart teams do.

They act like they don't want/like a guy but they've done their homework.

Anybody can say whatever but on the football field Carson Strong is a star...

Screenshot_20220404-174146~2.png

...dude is definitely safe with the ball...polar opposite of heave ho and hope darnold.

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, Thompcat said:

The next year's draft picks not being off limits or being available is huge. What if our crowd decides to one up the Saints and trade like them but trade with the Giants to get 5 and 7. Giving the Giants 6 plus next year's 1st rounder plus whatever it takes. We then draft in their view a franchise Qb plus a LT in this year's draft. I'm not in favor of this but I think this whole group is desperate to get a Qb, but they know they have to get a 10 year LT too. Crazy times right now.

Um... That type of trade would look something like #6, our next two 1sts, and Brian Burns. That still might not be enough.

@Thompcat I swear I have thought the same thing! If we weer that willing to give away next year's 1st anyway... then if the Giants are that determined  for future Picks, it's definitely  on the table. If the have in their mind that 1 If these Qbs is their guy and they can get a franchise Qb and Left Tackle in the same draft..... #Fittcanthelphimself