• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rockhill site going south fast it seems.

Big Sexy

14 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Whatever small county or city legislators decided is irrelevant.

At the end of the day, municipalities have no business subsidizing private sports facilities. This has been studied up and down and they never pay out. The jobs promised are negligible. The cash influx from the actual construction is fleeting. It's a moral sarlaac pit. 

Tepper is approaching mansu mansu levels of wealth. He can write a check if he wants this facility so bad.

Anyone defending him are showing their true colors. 

The city was funding  the project’s infrastructure, which includes roads, water, power lines and sewage.  They do this for a lot of construction, including housing developments.... not just this one. 

Now when NC paid for upgrades to the stadium, that was  a misuse of funds.

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

Again, we don’t have the full story yet.  A couple sentences by Bump don’t tell it either. 

it will come though.  And I doubt there is a side that comes out looking great in the end when it officially comes to an end (which looks soon)….everything eventually gets put on the table. 

sounds like your mind is made up...doesn't really matter what comes out now.

Edited by poundaway

2 minutes ago, poundaway said:

sounds like your mind is made up...doesn't really matter what comes out now.

yeah, my position is literally we don’t have the full story yet.  Which we don’t.  

I’m not saying anything other both sides probably are going to look like poo when it is done.  It’s like the safest position to take lol

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, poundaway said:

The city was funding  the project’s infrastructure, which includes roads, water, power lines and sewage.  They do this for a lot of construction, including housing developments.... not just this one. 

even that is too much.

any dime of assistance without profit sharing is haram 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

even that is too much.

any dime of assistance without profit sharing is haram 

I think the city, county and state plan to make the money back on income taxes and ripple economic activity, so they are getting a piece of the pie.

As for the stadium upgrades, I don't know if Charlotte or NC ever saw a dime.  That was govt giveaway.

These are the meetings and talks we need out there on the table.  

He also said Tepper Sports & Entertainment took part in York County’s recent discussions about a new financing plan and agreed to that plan.

Rock Hill leaders said they were prepared to issue bonds, but that the Panthers told them not to.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

Play stupid games

Win stupid prizes

SC residents, you voted these idiots in

can we please strip the name ‘Carolina’ Panthers and just call them North Carolina Panthers

2 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

Their FalCONS fans anways

Gosh I just love listening to people with their nose stuck so far up in the air. I'm from SC been a fan of this team since the day it was created and I know plenty more that are the same. Our fanbase is already considered small as is with both states when compared to other teams. Alienate and push away the SC fans then just wait and see how many more seats are empty or filled with opposing teams.

• Pie 2

27 minutes ago, poundaway said:

I think the city, county and state plan to make the money back on income taxes and ripple economic activity, so they are getting a piece of the pie.

As for the stadium upgrades, I don't know if Charlotte or NC ever saw a dime.  That was govt giveaway.

oh yes im sure a south carolina city, county, and state government are going to make money raising taxes. yes. that is a thing you think is going to happen

also lmao "ripple economic activity" gtfo

charlotte and nc was also theft. it was also theft when they built a new arena for the bobcats

Edited by electro's horse
  • Pie 3

3 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

Play stupid games

Win stupid prizes

SC residents, you voted these idiots in

can we please strip the name ‘Carolina’ Panthers and just call them North Carolina Panthers

Remember this stupid fuging post when Tepper is bending over NC politicians for his new stadium. 

Hell I think Rock Hill is in the wrong but I’m really fuging tired of a lot of NC fans belittling the SC fans when our fanbase is as small as it is already. 

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, amcoolio said:

So it's an 800M project, Rock Hill bids 250M to have it in Rock Hill becuase they really want it there, they make a deal with the team, they renege, and somehow Tepper is the scummy person here

Well see, there's this...

I mean, with all that amazing success, can't understand why anybody would have negative feelings about David Tepper 🙄

• Poo 2

16 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

Developed land brings in tax revenue. This is not raising taxes. It's basic civics

no one is talking about developing land in the abstract. we're talking about public funds in any way subsidizing private ventures, especially those pursued by an individual worth more than the GDP of the county his venture resides in. 

you're pretending that this will generate economic development that will cover the cost and that's a goddamn myth that's been shot to poo for years. 

https://news.stanford.edu/2015/07/30/stadium-economics-noll-073015/

this is about nfl stadiums specifically, but we're talking about massive financial obligations that will never be realized by the municipal governments. if at any point people just hand wave away hard economic history and data, they can justly be dismissed as ideologues. 

and civics is about the responsibilities and duties of citizens. if funding the pipe dreams of billionaires fits into your definition of civics, then for god's sake go back to elon musk's twitter and leave us the fug alone

Edited by electro's horse
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

55 minutes ago, ichigo1057 said:

Gosh I just love listening to people with their nose stuck so far up in the air. I'm from SC been a fan of this team since the day it was created and I know plenty more that are the same. Our fanbase is already considered small as is with both states when compared to other teams. Alienate and push away the SC fans then just wait and see how many more seats are empty or filled with opposing teams.

Big Kat is just a typical rich a-hole 

Edited by uncfan888
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1