• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rockhill site going south fast it seems.

Big Sexy

17 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

He has more money than all the rock hill residents combined, I would have told him to go fug himself from the start. 

But they didn't,  they agreed to something and by all accounts aren't following through.  Regardless of if it's a good deal or not they made it. 

• Pie 5

3 minutes ago, toldozer said:

But they didn't,  they agreed to something and by all accounts aren't following through.  Regardless of if it's a good deal or not they made it. 

Delphi knows something about this.

“Two years ago, Tepper headed up a consortium that agreed to help auto manufacturer Delphi exit from Chapter 11 protection—only to pull out at the last minute after the credit markets seized up, stymieing the company’s ability to get financing. A bitter battle ensued. Delphi filed a lawsuit against Appaloosa, alleging, among other things, that Tepper “pushed, with the grace and diplomacy of a battering ram, to play a central role in the reorganization” of the company, only to turn tail and “manufacture an excuse” once they lost interest.”

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, toldozer said:

The story of america, people finance some shiny new thing that they cant afford, they miss payments, new thing gets taken away. 

• Pie 3

10 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I started investing last year or so, and on a very novice level, but what I've gleaned so far from my experience is the house always wins.  If you know how to kiss ass well, rub elbows and all that bullshit, learn the ropes, learn how to game the game, and got in some experience trading with other people's money on the house side before opening your own hedge fund, I don't think it's all that hard to become a billionaire, or at least a very, very well off hundred-millionaire.  My experience trading has also shaped how I look at Tepper quite a bit...  before I started, I thought he was some brilliant genius.  After seeing how the market works, I don't think that at all.  Is he smart?  Absolutely.  But, the guys running hedges aren't Einstein, they're more like scammers who hit it big by coming up with creative ways to rip off others and poo on the little man.  They just have to know when to make certain deals to really capitalize on timing and such, but it's set up in their favor so there is really no way for them to lose.  They're going to make money, its just a matter of how much.

And the amazing thing is, so much of what they make is really by ruining the lives of everyday working and middle class people.  You know how many companies he probably shorted into oblivion causing loss of jobs and income for countless people?  You know how many retail investors he screwed out of life-changing money by essentially stealing and using loop holes that are illegal but our shitty ass government doesn't so their jobs in oversight or preventing it from happening because they're profiting off of it too?  

No doubt in my mind, Tepper is an absolute poo bag.  Don't let the "just a regular guy from humble beginnings" poo fool you.  This dude has major dirt on his hands and he couldn't give a fug less about fans or any person not named David Tepper.  He got rich by fuging people over and being great at it.  Period.

I've tried to tell people this and got shitted on

37 minutes ago, frankw said:

Doesn't matter how you feel about him or South Carolina. This is a preview of things to come in Charlotte. It's always good for a laugh to see people tripping over themselves to grovel in defense of the ultra wealthy.

You're buying a house.... the seller agreed before closing that he/she will fix the A/C Unit before closing, it was in writing so you went ahead and paid for the inspection, survey, hell even bought furniture to be ready at closing. Then before you close, the seller writes back that he/she is not going to fix the A/C unit because "you have money" and tells you to go to hell. You still close on the house?

Same basic principle but now multiply it on a 1000000x scale. That's what SC politicians are doing to Tepper. 

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Delphi knows something about this.

“Two years ago, Tepper headed up a consortium that agreed to help auto manufacturer Delphi exit from Chapter 11 protection—only to pull out at the last minute after the credit markets seized up, stymieing the company’s ability to get financing. A bitter battle ensued. Delphi filed a lawsuit against Appaloosa, alleging, among other things, that Tepper “pushed, with the grace and diplomacy of a battering ram, to play a central role in the reorganization” of the company, only to turn tail and “manufacture an excuse” once they lost interest.”

should we find articles on the ethics of SC lawmakers?

2 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

should we find articles on the ethics of SC lawmakers?

Sure. They're pieces of poo too.

Doesn't mean Tepper isn't. Delphi was the 13th largest bankruptcy in American history at that point. It cost tens of thousands of jobs but all those people and their families were all just pawns in Tepper's financial chess game. 

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

If, sure. But Elon Musk could also buy David Tepper and keep the Panthers in Charlotte. Likely? No. But possible.

Football just doesn't seem like something Musk would have much if any interest in. He's no saint, but his eyes are on much bigger and more influential matters than trivial football.