• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ted Nguyen analyzes Carson Strong...

Mr. Scot

On 4/8/2022 at 10:46 AM, Khyber53 said:

He's interesting, especially after that read, but...

we've got a long wait after pick #6, what chance does he have of still being there when we're finally able?

Pretty good chance at Round 3. I think if he is there Day 2 start of the third round you trade up even if its next years 3rd and this years 4th and 5th. I feel like he has that chance to be a Russel Wilson type story where he just falls and his value is there in the 3rd.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

Wow, wow, wow! That arm!

If you want him don't think you're always going to be able to get something for nothing. He's a first round talent in a weak QB draft. Somebody else knows that.

6 minutes of your time to show you what you've got at his best. Wow!

You are becoming more insufferable than the fake furry members who are just there with half assed squirrel costumes.

Like we get it. Say something of substance.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, saX man said:

You are becoming more insufferable than the fake furry members who are just there with half assed squirrel costumes.

The world isn't a nice place for you is it? Not my fault. Public forum. You clicked into a Carson Strong thread. 

Strong 2022!

You may not understand but at all cost a mistake must be avoided.

Also I'm a true Panthers fan and I need them to look at this kid and stop reporting at wanting to see every scrub in this class but Strong.

Best QB in the draft. There, more substance than your so called diss.

6 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Wow, wow, wow! That arm!

If you want him don't think you're always going to be able to get something for nothing. He's a first round talent in a weak QB draft. Somebody else knows that.

6 minutes of your time to show you what you've got at his best. Wow!

He’s going late 3rd at earliest imo. He’s not prototypical and he’s got a leg injury history. Someone will probably get a good QB. But only certain teams are going to draft QBs at all and of those teams most are going to probably try to get their preferred guy. Idt a lumbering, injured QB is going to be at the top of the list. 

If we can get Neal, Ickey, Cross as our #1 and then for some reason Strong is there in the 4th then sure. But immobile QBs are probably some of the least desirable players in the NFL these days. It limits absolutely everything about your offense. Honestly, in the last 20 years I would say Brady and the Mannings are the only effective QBs who haven’t had really good ability to get out of the pocket and throw on the run. 

9 hours ago, rippadonn said:

The world isn't a nice place for you is it? Not my fault. Public forum. You clicked into a Carson Strong thread. 

Strong 2022!

Also I'm a true Panthers fan and I need them to look at this kid and stop reporting at wanting to see every scrub in this class but Strong.

I think the world is pretty great..and I’ll let you be you if you’re going to be this much of a strong cheerleader hehe 😜 

11 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Strong 2022!

You do you and go all in. He can make all the throws for sure, he’s just too immobile and (from what I read) a sitting duck in the pocket. But we’ll see.

You kind of remind me of the old joke about the man driving the wrong direction on the highway, then hears a reporter on the radio saying “warning, a man is driving the wrong direction”, and he responds “one? there are hundreds of people going the wrong way”.

• Pie 1

I would either take Charles Cross with the sixth pick  as the best pass blocking left tackle in the draft or trade the pick for a mid first round pick and a second round pick.  I would then aim for Trevor Penning as my left tackle in the 1st round and go after Carson Strong in the 2nd round.  I would also trade CMC for a first round pick (even if it is next year) and a proven pass rusher.  I really hope we do not pick Kenny Pickett with the sixth pick.   Can only imagine him as an average or below average NFL QB.  If somehow we were to pick a QB at #6, then I would swing for the fences and go for Malik Willis with that cannon arm, and the ability to scramble for first downs.  He seems to be a leader that other players would rally around with his high character.

12 hours ago, saX man said:

Bro you of allllllll people should know ripp is hamming it up to the max with his man-love for Strong. Why are YOU picking this to get serious about??? Is your chemical balance where it needs to be? Very odd, hope you are well...

23 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Bro you of allllllll people should know ripp is hamming it up to the max with his man-love for Strong. Why are YOU picking this to get serious about??? Is your chemical balance where it needs to be? Very odd, hope you are well...

I’m excellent. Recently engaged and made associate partner at my firm. Just not as invested in my ham-based character anymore and dislike the team and QB prospects. 

• Beer 3