• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fields/Gardner or Willis/Horn

Soul Rebel

Fields + Sauce vs. Willis + Horn  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Knowing what you know about Fields/Horn after one year and the current state of our roster, which combination would you prefer long-term?

• Fields in '21 & Gardner in '22
    • Willis in '22 & Horn in '21

Fields/Gardner for sure. If Fields was in this draft class he'd be the slam dunk #1 QB prospect which was a point I made last year around this time - Fields had the make up of a #1 overall draft pick in most draft classes. Last year's QB class was just extremely strong on paper.

I do have to wonder though... just how bad were his interviews, OSU coach feedback, etc? Because him slipping to 9th overall still doesn't make sense to me.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Purr said:

Darnold/Horn/Cross

So another slam dunk losing season?

Fitts had alluded to it. At some point, you have to stop pushing the chips off to the future and start swinging at QB and keep swinging until you get a hit. And as we've found out, cast off vets have by far the lowest batting percentage. The vets we actually want want no part of us.

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Fields/Gardner for sure. If Fields was in this draft class he'd be the slam dunk #1 QB prospect which was a point I made last year around this time - Fields had the make up of a #1 overall draft pick in most draft classes. Last year's QB class was just extremely strong on paper.

I do have to wonder though... just how bad were his interviews, OSU coach feedback, etc? Because him slipping to 9th overall still doesn't make sense to me.

I thought I remembered him not being great during interviews, but you can't trust anyone during that timeframe in the NFL or media.

I wasn't a big fan of his, but I do like him more than Willis...I probably prefer Pickett or Corral to both though.

6 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I thought I remembered him not being great during interviews, but you can't trust anyone during that timeframe in the NFL or media.

I wasn't a big fan of his, but I do like him more than Willis...I probably prefer Pickett or Corral to both though.

I'll be shocked if Pickett doesn't bust hard. The guy just isn't that good.

Absolute ceiling IMO is Kirk Cousins. Floor is David Carr.

• Pie 1

During draft time I always look forward to @Soul Rebel insights, but it seems like you are having the same issues others are having with this draft.

Good question- Im no fields fan at all, but for me Sauce(special player) and Fields are clear the choice. 

Im even ready to draft Sauce given the riches at CB, Im that into his game. 

• Beer 1

On 4/12/2022 at 2:10 PM, Basbear said:

During draft time I always look forward to @Soul Rebel insights, but it seems like you are having the same issues others are having with this draft.

Good question- Im no fields fan at all, but for me Sauce(special player) and Fields are clear the choice. 

Im even ready to draft Sauce given the riches at CB, Im that into his game. 

western clint eastwood GIF