• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB talk with Polian

Shocker

Polian just said what I've been saying for the last month. Forget the media narratives and the idea of only one good season, low or high ceilings, superstar potential etc. Those are only narratives. You must look at what they have done and what they can do. Good QBs have certain qualities that make them good. Pickett has those qualities. Put him in the right system and surround him with the right players and he has the qualities and the "IT" factor to be successful in the NFL. He is absolutely, hands down best prospect in this draft. It also doesn't matter if this is a weak class or not. It's about the individual player and Pickett has what it takes to be a good NFL QB and especially with Carolina. Our new system should be perfect for him and we have the weapons' already in place. If our new OL is an improvement too, then we could have a decent offense that could become great within his rookie 5 year period. 

I didn't come into this draft season with a QB in mind as I don't follow college football and only watch QB tape when the off season starts and I went from the idea of drafting an LT to drafting Pickett only because of what I saw him do when I watched him play and learned about McAdoo and his system. If we can draft him then we all should be ecstatic. No player is 100% a certainty and especially QBs but Pickett is definitely a good fit for us to take our shot on finally. I believe he can be our franchise guy and I've never said that before about any QB we had a possibility of drafting. 

• Pie 8
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

17 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Polian just said what I've been saying for the last month. Forget the media narratives and the idea of only one good season, low or high ceilings, superstar potential etc. Those are only narratives. You must look at what they have done and what they can do. Good QBs have certain qualities that make them good. Pickett has those qualities. Put him in the right system and surround him with the right players and he has the qualities and the "IT" factor to be successful in the NFL. He is absolutely, hands down best prospect in this draft. It also doesn't matter if this is a weak class or not. It's about the individual player and Pickett has what it takes to be a good NFL QB and especially with Carolina. Our new system should be perfect for him and we have the weapons' already in place. If our new OL is an improvement too, then we could have a decent offense that could become great within his rookie 5 year period. 

I didn't come into this draft season with a QB in mind as I don't follow college football and only watch QB tape when the off season starts and I went from the idea of drafting an LT to drafting Pickett only because of what I saw him do when I watched him play and learned about McAdoo and his system. If we can draft him then we all should be ecstatic. No player is 100% a certainty and especially QBs but Pickett is definitely a good fit for us to take our shot on finally. I believe he can be our franchise guy and I've never said that before about any QB we had a possibility of drafting. 

Pickett is QB1 in this draft.  That doesn’t mean he should be our pick at 6 or that he will be a great player but he is the best QB.  End of story 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Pickett is QB1 in this draft.  That doesn’t mean he should be our pick at 6 or that he will be a great player but he is the best QB.  End of story 

I can't believe people are falling for this. Granted a fifth year when he has a significant age and experience advantage he finally put up good stats. Before he put up JAG stats. When you actually watched him play, he still looked like a JAG. The arm is average. The athleticism measurables don't show up. Here's nothing to get excited about. He's a more mobile Mac Jones physically but Mac Jones is the smarter QB.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1