• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker not the only name on the list....

Lurk21

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

You're not Matt Rhule though...

I stipulated in one of these posts that the Panthers (note Rhule's final personnel decisions) need to display discipline and do what's best for the long term of this team.  That said, the scouts, assistant coaches and Fitts himself is going to have to work really hard to keep Rhule from doing something stupid for an apparent immediate fix that could (and probably will) screw this organization over for several years to come, long after Rhule himself has left Charlotte.

30 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I'll wait for one of these guys:

image.png.5284dae11a3bf3b035563bed161057b5.png

Covered:

8 Will Levis Kentucky

9 Jake Haener Fresno State

I see 2 guys on loaded teams in CJ and Bryce (Bryce has some size issues as well) and then a lot of question marks.  Granted a lot more depth than this class, but still a lot of question marks before they play this coming season.  I personally like Will Levis and KJ Jefferson (not on the list) out of Arkansas has impressed me.  I live in Knoxville so I see a lot of SEC Football.  Levis has the arm/heart that keeps his outmatched team in games.  Hooker (out of UT) is decent at everything but not great.  I've always seen him as a midround backup.  

15 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I stipulated in one of these posts that the Panthers (note Rhule's final personnel decisions) need to display discipline and do what's best for the long term of this team.  That said, the scouts, assistant coaches and Fitts himself is going to have to work really hard to keep Rhule from doing something stupid for an apparent immediate fix that could (and probably will) screw this organization over for several years to come, long after Rhule himself has left Charlotte.

Unfortunately, the guy with the least interest in the team's long-term future has final say.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Unfortunately, the guy with the least interest in the team's long-term future has final say.

Again, it may become a power struggle and may signal the end of Rhule's tenure some point during the season.  Rhule can't be the only one that talks to Tepper and if it gets to the point that Rhule is truly in a go it alone situation...against the advise of his staff and GM, then I can't see how he survives the entire season. 

I think Rhule knows this and why they are bringing in guys to win now in FA, but oddly enough with a ton of short-term deals, many of which are only at 1-year.  Fitts is willing to tango, but not at the expense of hamstringing the future of the organization.  Rhule's job isn't the only one under the microscope in this situation.  If Rhule somehow turns this thing around this year, you may see longer FA deals next offseason.

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

I see 2 guys on loaded teams in CJ and Bryce (Bryce has some size issues as well) and then a lot of question marks.  Granted a lot more depth than this class, but still a lot of question marks before they play this coming season.  I personally like Will Levis and KJ Jefferson (not on the list) out of Arkansas has impressed me.  I live in Knoxville so I see a lot of SEC Football.  Levis has the arm/heart that keeps his outmatched team in games.  Hooker (out of UT) is decent at everything but not great.  I've always seen him as a midround backup.  

Stroud has an incredible arm. Insane accuracy and nice size.   Loaded or not he is a great prospect.  Probably #1 pick 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Obviously a lot of this depends on how these guys play this year, but for as many potential 1st round options on that list, it's a least very promising even at this early juncture.  This 2023 class may turn out to be better than the 2021 one that I was wanted to grab a QB.  If DJ and Rattler can turn in sharp performances, they can easily jump into the top 10...and I think they will.

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Stroud has an incredible arm. Insane accuracy and nice size.   Loaded or not he is a great prospect.  Probably #1 pick 

He is 6’3” which is average played with 3 NFL WRs that will probably go first round in the Big 10 where the talent goes OSU and then everyone else. His stats look very similar to Fields 2019 season.

5 hours ago, Randolph Panther said:

Just curious, would you be willing to give up to first round picks and a second + a starter on our team to get Kyler Murray?  

We don't have a second to give. I'd love to find a way to swing a deal. I just don't think Arizona is at the point to trade him.