• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers meet with Sam Howell

11 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Nah.  Rhule is done rookie or not.   There is just nothing he can point do to justify keeping his job.   Unless he makes the playoffs with darnold.   

i just lol typing that. 

Pretty cool just assuming every rookie QB will suck.  Nice outlook

I didn't read the whole thread so apologies if this has already been said. 

I don't know which quarterback out of this class will be most successful. One thing I really like about Howell is he's been through a season that required the kind of mental toughness you absolutely must have to succeed at the next level. I'll be rooting for him whenever he goes*

Edit : as long as it isn't Atlanta or New Orleans...

Full disclosure : I'm not a big college football fan, but if I had to nail down a favorite team it would be Auburn/Clemson.

Edited by trueblade
  • Pie 1

Just now, iamhubby1 said:

Christensen, Brown, Bozeman, Colbert, and Moton just might get er done. That line has potential.

Potential yes, depth no. You would also be putting 2 essential rookies on the blind side. Not that the pros they had were any better but you get the idea.  I think they start Elflein at LG to start the season if Christensen is starting at LT, like that will help. I hope they work in Brown as soon as possible. 

I'm still very frustrated that Christensen didn't get significantly more time at LT and we didn't get Brown on the field much at all. We could and should have a much better idea of what we have in those guys. I just have very little confidence in this crew evaluating talent. Draft, free agents, already on the roster. They don't seem great at evaluating any of it.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Potential yes, depth no. You would also be putting 2 essential rookies on the blind side. Not that the pros they had were any better but you get the idea.  I think they start Elflein at LG to start the season if Christensen is starting at LT, like that will help. I hope they work in Brown as soon as possible. 

Brady, and Brown should have gotten playing time last year. Especially once we were out of Play Off contention. All the kids should have. That's a coaching blunder. It sure would be nice, at this time, to know what exactly they are capable of. B

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Julio said:

Of course I did, this past year is just the most troublesome. He didn’t have the best protection nor an elite running game and it exposed a lot of his flaws. Instead of navigating the pocket, he chose to throw off-platform or flat out run outside of the pocket. While that may pass in college, it doesn’t translate to the league. He’s a project who maybe starting caliber in 2-3 years.

Really he didn't navigate the pocket? Considering his pocket was nearly non-existent in 2021.  His pocket presence according to people who actually scout these guys say it's pretty good.

3 hours ago, Julio said:

My opinion, so it’s true to me.

#KeepPounding

Definitely agree with this because your opinion sounds more like a hater of the player for whatever reason than anything logical. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm still very frustrated that Christensen didn't get significantly more time at LT and we didn't get Brown on the field much at all. We could and should have a much better idea of what we have in those guys. I just have very little confidence in this crew evaluating talent. Draft, free agents, already on the roster. They don't seem great at evaluating any of it.

We were already clearly shot in the last 5-6 games and yet we didn't put them out to do real evaluations.

Now, in fairness.....given how much they DID play and did practice, these dolts should know by now if they have anything to work with at all. This shouldn't take much more evaluation than what they have had.