• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers terminating Rock Hill project agreements

Dorian Gray

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

And you do? We are both clearly on a message board so you can drop the holier than though concept… Sorry to inform you, Tepper doesn’t need anymore yes men those positions are already filled.

He doesn't.

He's got a thing with trying to look smart online, primarily because it's... not something he experiences in the real world.

He's been advised many times that he'd be better off not pulling stunts like this, but he doesn't listen.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I haven’t stepped foot in the tinderbox and it’s easy to read between the lines in that Rock Hill was under the impression that this new venue would allow them to host the NFL Draft which is asinine.

https://www.fox46.com/news/u-s/rock-hill/documents-show-rock-hill-wanted-to-host-the-nfl-draft-more/amp/

“The Panthers and city leaders wanted to bring the NFL Draft to Rock Hill”

So at the very least it was talked about between Tepper and Rock Hill and Rock Hill obviously thought it was a possibility since they originally went through with the deal.

If they took it to mean that they would absolutely host the NFL draft, then they are idiots.

And does the NFL draft even make that much money for them?  Its a couple of nights.  

5 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

If they took it to mean that they would absolutely host the NFL draft, then they are idiots.

And does the NFL draft even make that much money for them?  Its a couple of nights.  

I find it hard to believe anyone in RH actually believed they could get the draft.  Seems more like something a politician would be be using to dupe people that don’t know the NFL. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

So Rock Hill decides to pay all of this money for a facility and gets nothing out of it? Sounds like a great deal for Tepper and the shaft for Rock Hill.

Rock Hill wasn’t going to give Tepper money to build his oasis just for shits and giggles. Promises were made to Rock Hill in some capacity and they probably weren’t going to be kept?

Do you normally give someone millions of dollars if there isn’t anything in it for you?

I feel like you are speaking out of your ass here.  

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

He doesn't.

He's got a thing with trying to look smart online, primarily because it's... not something he experiences in the real world.

He's been advised many times that he'd be better off not pulling stunts like this, but he doesn't listen.

Carnac the Magnificent who spends 50-60 hours a week on a "fan" website cuttin' & pastin' 🤦‍♂️...

...sees himself as being in the "advisory" business 🤣😅.

Hey Carnac, have you figured out why bankruptcy was always in the part of the "plan" in a scenario like this?

Do tell 🧐...

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

The Stockholm Syndrome is real with some of you.

Ol brass balls has some of you by the actual balls… but by all means keep giving the billionaire your support and money when he’s done nothing to deserve it.

I’m not sure what Tepper’s end game here.  He must have something in play behind the scene.  Maybe city of Charlotte said he will lose all leverage bargaining for new stadium if he moves the team.  Something happened and he definitely have a plan B.  Tepper wanted this deal to collapse.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

32 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

Tepper wanted this deal to collapse.

That’s always been my gut feeling.  Tepper essentially admitted and came into the NFL immediately believing  X, Y and Z were what needed to be done. Then time showed he was wrong on some of those beliefs.  I think the RH project is an example of that.   Time went on and it looked dumber and dumber to him.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Ornias said:

This is a bad look for both Tepper and York county. I am guessing that Rock Hill attempted a rug pull half way through assuming Tepper would be to invested to pull out. 

I dont get how tepper looks bad in this.  He made the deal with RH and they essentially backed out midway through.   He is light years ahead of a poo town named Rock Hill in making these types of deals.  He twisted them up and when they figured they got the short end of the stick it was too late

• Pie 4
  • Poo 5