• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

JT O'Sullivan's 2022 QB Rankings

Ricky Spanish

1 hour ago, Growl said:

honestly if the team passes on a QB again because they think they can just go “get their guy” next offseason, I’ll be actively pulling for them to miss out.

tepper and fitterer being forced to choke down the humble pie would be better for the long term health of the team, it’s the same arrogance that led to them being humiliated by Watson (and stafford, and others) over and over.

this delusion that they can just have their cake and eat it too, that when the time comes they can just go do whatever they want, and they might as well draft a “safe” CB or OT or X or Y, it’s been the bedrock of their humiliation for a while now.

if the thought process is “wow cj stroud, that’s it, I’ve decided, HE is OUR GUY, CJ Stroud is a panther everyone, let’s just be patient and PREPARE THE ROSTER” then I will earnestly be hoping cj stroud goes one pick ahead of them to the Falcons and that this team is imprisoned in the stench of their own self made failure because they will absolutely deserve it.

At some point you have to stop wallowing in the delusion and the ego and you have to play the hand your dealt, it doesn’t matter what jimmy blogposter says about QB X-you have to join us back in reality and make decisions from that foundation.

Drafting a qb simply for the sake of drafting a qb in universally acknowledged weak class would be incredibly retarded.   

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Growl said:

honestly if the team passes on a QB again because they think they can just go “get their guy” next offseason, I’ll be actively pulling for them to miss out.

tepper and fitterer being forced to choke down the humble pie would be better for the long term health of the team, it’s the same arrogance that led to them being humiliated by Watson (and stafford, and others) over and over.

this delusion that they can just have their cake and eat it too, that when the time comes they can just go do whatever they want, and they might as well draft a “safe” CB or OT or X or Y, it’s been the bedrock of their humiliation for a while now.

if the thought process is “wow cj stroud, that’s it, I’ve decided, HE is OUR GUY, CJ Stroud is a panther everyone, let’s just be patient and PREPARE THE ROSTER” then I will earnestly be hoping cj stroud goes one pick ahead of them to the Falcons and that this team is imprisoned in the stench of their own self made failure because they will absolutely deserve it.

At some point you have to stop wallowing in the delusion and the ego and you have to play the hand your dealt, it doesn’t matter what jimmy blogposter says about QB X-you have to join us back in reality and make decisions from that foundation.

Yep. The only way you can take this route is if you're willing to do anything to trade up to #1 overall to get your guy. It's amazing how nearly this entire fanbase has developed a laissez faire attitude toward the ease of positioning oneself to draft a QB in the future. As if that will just work out perfectly. The prospect you want will be guaranteed to be on the board. That's just wildly incorrect. Even if you're sitting at #6 overall, in lost draft classes that prospect you really want isn't gonna be there at that spot. If you want YOUR GUY, you better be sitting at #1 overall.

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. The only way you can take this route is if you're willing to do anything to trade up to #1 overall to get your guy. It's amazing how nearly this entire fanbase has developed a laissez faire attitude toward the ease of positioning oneself to draft a QB in the future. As if that will just work out perfectly. The prospect you want will be guaranteed to be on the board. That's just wildly incorrect. Even if you're sitting at #6 overall, in lost draft classes that prospect you really want isn't gonna be there at that spot. If you want YOUR GUY, you better be sitting at #1 overall.

Nobody at 6 is worth that capital.   Targeting a guy later in the draft obviously requires a trade down.  So now you are threading the needle in multiple ways and if it goes south you are screwed. I get what u guys are saying however this year just doesn't work for us.   We picked a shitty year to be shitty 

Furthermore fug giving rhule 3 separate chances in picking a qb.  

• Beer 3

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Nobody at 6 is worth that capital.   Targeting a guy later in the draft obviously requires a trade down.  So now you are threading the needle in multiple ways and if it goes south you are screwed. I get what u guys are saying however this year just doesn't work for us.   We picked a shitty year to be shitty 

Furthermore fug giving rhule 3 separate chances in picking a qb.  

I would've also thought NFL fans would've learned by now to stop talking about the draft and draft prospects in absolutes. Five years fe now the narrative could easily turn into how underrated this QB class was and how overrated the OT and edge rushers class was.

We didn't pick a year to be shitty. We've been shitty for three years straight. This is our new norm. Welcome to the new Cleveland Browns.

The thing isif a qb has the potential to be great you take him period. I don't care that it has to be the perfect scenario and we aren't it. You make it work. The Jets weren't the perfect situation for Zach Wilson and the jags weren't the perfect situation got Trevor Lawrence. You get the guy who can be great and build around him.

1 minute ago, micnificent28 said:

The thing isif a qb has the potential to be great you take him period. I don't care that it has to be the perfect scenario and we aren't it. You make it work. The Jets weren't the perfect situation for Zach Wilson and the jags weren't the perfect situation got Trevor Lawrence. You get the guy who can be great and build around him.

Don't worry. There's surely to be a generational type talent on the board for us next year. It's always next year. THAT'S the year.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Don't worry. There's surely to be a generational type talent on the board for us next year. It's always next year. THAT'S the year.

Don't worry Tepper is gonna try to trade for Joe Burrow next year, or was it Trevor.  I mean if he's will to trade the farm for Watson he will try to trade for anyone he can.

He's struck out twice already, there will be another swing.  Tepper is not waiting for a rookie to develop no matter who is drafted this year.

Edited by Jon Snow

On 4/20/2022 at 11:20 AM, rippadonn said:

Draft a top tackle if he's there and try like heck to trade into the second or third for the actual, non media/JT hyped, true QB2 of THIS draft Carson Strong.

12 year veteran CB Ike Taylor said Carson was the best red zone/back shoulder QB in this draft. He said he can do that all day in the NFL. Ike had to study film of QBs tendencies for 12yrs, keep that in mind.

He also said Carson threw some of his best deep balls to the left, across his body. He said that's rare. Ike Taylor also said Strong isn't just a steal, he's a I told you so.

Strong 2022!

Oh God GIF by DuroflexWorld

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's what they say the year before the rip apart next years class and find all the warts on them and then oh but this kid next year watch out... I don't think Rhule has a Next year in him. He needs his guy this year.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

That's what they say the year before the rip apart next years class and find all the warts on them and then oh but this kid next year watch out... I don't think Rhule has a Next year in him. He needs his guy this year.

I don't think this fanbase has another year in them.

Trade down of possible. Then take one of Willis, Howell, or Corral. My preference is Howell but I can get talked into one of the others.

This fanbase desperately needs some hope. Whether you like the pick or not, a rookie QB at least provides some intrigue and potential hope. Go ahead and fix the OL. Great. Now you win just enough games to put yourself out of reach of the QBs who might excite you next year. Like Fitterer said, at some point you have to take a swing and you have to keep swinging until you get a hit. It's time to start swinging. Hell, it was time to start swinging last year.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think this fanbase has another year in them.

Trade down of possible. Then take one of Willis, Howell, or Corral. My preference is Howell but I can get talked into one of the others.

This fanbase desperately needs some hope. Whether you like the pick or not, a rookie QB at least provides some intrigue and potential hope. Go ahead and fix the OL. Great. Now you win just enough games to put yourself out of reach of the QBs who might excite you next year. Like Fitterer said, at some point you have to take a swing and you have to keep swinging until you get a hit. It's time to start swinging. Hell, it was time to start swinging last year.

Draft position does not limit them from trading up for a QB next season.  It doesn't matter that they have no day two picks this year either. If there is a QB that they think will help they will do whatever it takes to get him. Whether it's at 6 this season or not, they will get one this year.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

Draft position does not limit them from trading up for a QB next season.  It doesn't matter that they have no day two picks this year either. If there is a QB that they think will help they will do whatever it takes to get him. Whether it's at 6 this season or not, they will get one this year.

Oh, they're getting one this year. If Rhule wins it'll be another cast off vet. If Fitts wins it'll be a draft pick. It ain't gonna be Darnold. No one in the building can afford to risk that.

• Pie 1

On 4/20/2022 at 11:17 AM, MHS831 said:

I think the best value in this draft will be Howell--based on his stock dropping in 2022 when his team was bad.  I think that was his worst, and we are comparing that to other QB's (Willis, Pickett, Ridder, and Corral) best years.  Some of you hate him because he played at UNC--and some love him for that reason---I am talking about the player, not some theory based on a shirt you bought at Walmart that you only wear after your team wins.

I tend to agree that Howell will be a good value for some team because several of the over hyped quarterbacks will be drafted before him, allowing a team to select him later in the draft.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

Draft position does not limit them from trading up for a QB next season.  It doesn't matter that they have no day two picks this year either. If there is a QB that they think will help they will do whatever it takes to get him.

and they will fail again, as they have, over and over. 

this board may undervalue the QB position but NFL teams do not. You aren’t trading into the #1 to select the only kind of QB that people on this forum are comfortable with. 

• Pie 1