• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Later Round QBs. Is there anyone worth a look in the Draft?

Michael G

4 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Been a fav for 24 years, missed maybe a couple games, been a member here since inception with different usernames that got lost in new site conversions and password losses etc

…if Rhule is kept after another 5 win season I can’t do it anymore at least not set aside time to watch it live, it’ll be recorded.

I always thought I was a diehard fan and all, but maybe I’m not, but also, maybe Tepper is just that bad he is driving away legit fans.

Certainly isn’t creating new ones that aren’t masochists like tha jet fan who came over. Probably our only addition in 5 years.

That's the huddle in a nutshell, we're holding on, hoping for a miracle. 

Maybe the wizard gives him a brain or he sells.

Neither is likely though.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, John_Sutter said:

I like Kelley as much as the next guy but I’m not I’d say he’s more accurate. I do like his percentages but a lot of that is scheme/game situations. Still anything above 70% is 🍆 

He's a goal line threat he's got like 38 rushing TDs and 840 rushing yrds. He's not Cam Newton fast but he can still run it with that big body. He's hitting em' in the hands down field too so that always translates.

Small school but he should really be getting more attention as a prospect. He's very intriguing.

• Pie 1

Just now, rippadonn said:

He's a goal line threat he's got like 38 rushing TDs and 840 rushing yrds. He's not Cam Newton fast but he can still run it with that big body. He's hitting em' in the hands down field too so that always translates.

Small school but he should really be getting more attention as a prospect. He's very intriguing.

Totally agree. I would definitely take him in the 6th or 7th, even if we did take a QB earlier

15 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think there's a reason why he bailed on Auburn.

i guess some could have said the same thing about Cam leaving Florida. was clear that either one wasn't really going to get a chance at their original school. Cam bailed for a small college then bailed that and went to Auburn. Willis bailed Auburn for a small school and decided to stay. 

of course Cam had some other issues in Florida as well, but i think the big thing was that he didn't have a chance when The Golden Calf of Bristol was in front of him.

13 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i guess some could have said the same thing about Cam leaving Florida. was clear that either one wasn't really going to get a chance at their original school. Cam bailed for a small college then bailed that and went to Auburn. Willis bailed Auburn for a small school and decided to stay. 

of course Cam had some other issues in Florida as well, but i think the big thing was that he didn't have a chance when The Golden Calf of Bristol was in front of him.

The key difference being that NFL struggles aside, The Golden Calf of Bristol is one of the greatest college players ever. The guys in front of Willis at Auburn? Eh... not so much.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

15 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Yeah not many guys are comfortable, somebody else's WR, coach, plays, etc.

His in game tape with his team is much more realistic and representative of his true talents which are impressive.

This is pretty much word for word what I was told when questioning the Greer pick...

16 hours ago, demcj said:

that being said, i really like kaleb eleby.

Eleby will most likley go undrafted (or very late). IMO It would not hurt to bring a guy like that (a developmental guy from somewhere other than Temple) in to run the PS Scout Team. PJ Walker IMO should be replaced. If he's not even considered a threat to Darnold's job security...Its not the kind of competition that makes people better. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

37 minutes ago, trueblade said:

This is pretty much word for word what I was told when questioning the Greer pick...

Yeah this dual threat stuff is out of hand. We had the best dual threat QB since Michael Vick and they never could figure out how to use him, only train him to stay in the pocket and throw.

Difference between someone like Grier/Pickett/Willis and Carson Strong is that Carson is a pure pocket passer, a Payton Manning type. 

Carson concentrates on playing the QB position at a highly efficient level, he wants to stay in the pocket, so he's focused on reading and getting the ball out to receivers.

They overvalue "athletes" at the QB position when most of these guys like Pickett/Darnold would get flattened in the open field by superior athletes.

If you are not a superior athlete the NFL isn't the place you want to be scampering around. Sam learned that last season. That part of his game is no more, now he's just an inaccurate pocket passer.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The key difference being that NFL struggles aside, The Golden Calf of Bristol is one of the greatest college players ever. The guys in front of Willis at Auburn? Eh... not so much.

Not to mention Cam also went on to dominate at Allbarn, win a NC and Heisman. Had he just stayed and whatever JUCO he was at, there is little chance he ended up in the first round.

• Pie 3

18 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

Strong will be there in the 4th take him and roll with Darnold for the year

He played last year and ran at the combine. Everybody is saying he's a first rounder, but the knee. If he can suit up like he did last year and play like he did last year he'd be miles ahead of Sam in short order. Carson is already reading defenses and calling plays at the LOS.

Sam would be his backup almost immediately because unlike some of the top QBs crowned by the establishment, who don't care about stats, Carson Strong can come in pick up your playbook and play immediately.

• Pie 1