• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper says 5 year minimum for Rhule.

Zod

Just now, kungfoodude said:

You are aware we have 4 straight losing seasons, correct? Very, very high probability that it is about to be 5?

So.....how are you surprised by this?

Did you think we would just smile and be happy about??

5-11 and 5-12, not happy either. I do miss the playoffs, they feel like 100 years ago. Not asking for happy, just normal would be fine.

Coofus, lost Cam, Luke, Bradberry, Gerald McCoy, Irvin, TD, Addinson, DWilliams, Reid, Boston, Bulter, Cockwell, GVR, Olsen, Kalil...... nearly 60% of the snaps/stats and 99% of the leadership. 98% New staff, strength coaches. I expected it to be rough. 2020 wasnt bad and in all but 2.5 games. 2021 a BIG step back even with the similar record, but here we are. Hope and pray >>>> non-stop bitachin. Lets talk about realist solutions!

Got better NFL proven coaches to help hold Rhules hand. Much better free agent signees than year before (on paper). Highest cap space. South east  Division has weaken some. Brady can not play til 50. There things to hang hope on, rather than Matt is fatt/tepper hates fans regurgitation...

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

From what I've seen this place has always been a whining forum.

I have learned to avoid the whole mondays after a loss, toxic to the gills. Its calmed down by Wednesday..... This past year, many thought we were superbowl bound week 4. then............

Its been NO breaks for the last 6 months. 

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

5-11 and 5-12, not happy either. I do miss the playoffs, they feel like 100 years ago. Not asking for happy, just normal would be fine.

Coofus, lost Cam, Luke, Bradberry, Gerald McCoy, Irvin, TD, Addinson, DWilliams, Reid, Boston, Bulter, Cockwell, GVR, Olsen, Kalil...... nearly 60% of the snaps/stats and 99% of the leadership. 98% New staff, strength coaches. I expected it to be rough. 2020 wasnt bad and in all but 2.5 games. 2021 a BIG step back even with the similar record, but here we are. Hope and pray >>>> non-stop bitachin. Lets talk about realist solutions!

Got better NFL proven coaches to help hold Rhules hand. Much better free agent signees than year before (on paper). Highest cap space. South east  Division has weaken some. Brady can not play til 50. There things to hang hope on, rather than Matt is fatt/tepper hates fans regurgitation...

Okay. Tell me the solutions. I am not seeing them, outside regime change. 

5 hours ago, Zod said:

Said Rhule is building a foundation that he knew would take five years. Then he said heck, maybe 6 years.

I feel sick. 

Does Rhule legitimately have his support for five years or has he been given the dreaded vote of confidence? 

There have been many times across sports when owners / decision makers have backed their coach / manager, only for them to fire them a week later or in the off season. 

Now maybe Rhule does have his unwavering support through this rebuild. If that’s the case we’ve got our version of Gus Bradley with the Jaguars.

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Okay. Tell me the solutions. I am not seeing them, outside regime change. 

I wouldnt post, cause "Rhule is still the HC" trumps them all......

But at the end of that post are some. Rhules head is not being placed on a platter, my friend. Time to come to terms and deal with that. Or you stay the course, Ive already digested that. You will not find me complaining 6 months to a toilet turd. 

Edited by Basbear

3 hours ago, CRA said:

Has Tepper’s way been patient?   He keeps saying Rome wasn’t built in a day when his record is referenced. 

But Tepper isn’t actually patient.  Part of the problem IMO.   Which has lead to poor decisions.  

If the engineer of the Roman aqueduct continued to flood the city and poison the people do you think the emperor would keep the engineer or try to find a replacement who could lead the offense?

54 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

I'm sure Tepper is so heartbroken about people on a message board whining about him lol.  The best way to "stick it" to him is to stop watching/dedicating your time to the team but none of you guys have the conviction to do it cause it's all transparent empty circle-jerk posturing.  I'd be willing to bet that activity here during our 3-0 start to the season was a fraction of what it was before our season fell off a cliff.

He did make that completely unprompted comment during the TC about 'regardless of what other people call me' or whatever so yeah, it seems he does care, even if only due to vanity.

7 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I wouldnt post, cause "Rhule is still the HC" trumps them all......

But at the end of that post are some. Rhules head is not being placed on a platter, my friend. Time to come to terms and deal with that. Or you stay the course, Ive already digested that. You will not find me complaining 6 months to a toilet turd. 

So you have already come to terms with the fact that you know we won't ever see a winning season with him as head coach? You have come to terms with the fact that we will not be able to gain or retain talent because they have zero ability to identify or develop it? You have come to terms with the fact that quality free agents will continue to avoid us because we are a chaotic franchise?

You sure you have really come to terms with that or are you just lying to yourself? I understand that as a coping mechanism but it genuinely doesn't change the reality of the situation which is extremely clear.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

2 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Tepper has to take some of the blame because alot of his meddling and impatience for a QB and winning record.. Has forced alot of the dumb roster moves and coaching hires??

Tepper upsets me with his quote saying that he thinks Sam Darnold was a good quarterback and believed in him. You didn't hear him say that about Cam when he first bought the Panthers. Tepper is just trying to force us to believe in his mistakes. I don't even know if he truly believes in Rhule or if he just covering up his mistakes at this point. 

At the end of the day, put a poor product on the field, fans will lose interest and affect the bottom line, maybe then Tepper will listen. Only thing billionaire's hate to lose more than football games, is to lose money. 

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

So you have already come to terms with the fact that you know we won't ever see a winning season with him as head coach? You have come to terms with the fact that we will not be able to gain or retain talent because they have zero ability to identify or develop it? You have come to terms with the fact that quality free agents will continue to avoid us because we are a chaotic franchise?

You sure you have really come to terms with that or are you just lying to yourself? I understand that as a coping mechanism but it genuinely doesn't change the reality of the situation which is extremely clear.

I can not predict the future. I just know Rhule is coaching the team until the 10th lost happens and Tepper will not sale the team. Need about 15 things to go right for a winning season, its possible EVEN with Matt Rhule. They have improved some and the division should be easier this go around. 

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, w280sax said:

If you choose to keep a coach for this year, you have to project confidence.  I don't believe for a second that tepper really will have that kind of patience unless there is significant improvement.

Well said, exactly what I was thinking.

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I can not predict the future. I just know Rhule is coaching the team until the 10th lost happens and Tepper will not sale the team. Need about 15 things to go right for a winning season, its possible EVEN with Matt Rhule. They have improved some and the division should be easier this go around. 

My default is now, "Prove it." We hear plenty of talk about "Culture" and "Brand" and all this other fuging buzzword BS. 

I want to see fuging wins and accomplishments, not listen to a bunch of fuging used car salesman try and convince a bunch of Southern rubes they have a plan. Tired of this BS. Beyond tired of it.

Figure it the fug out. Get a coach who isn't a fuging shyster and find a GM that doesn't view 11 5th rounders as more valuable than a first rounder.

Edited by kungfoodude