• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper is full of it regarding Darnold

top dawg

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Nobody cares if it's right away or not. Sam might start the season as QB1--might--but he won't end the season as QB1. We're going to acquire a QB whether during the draft or afterwards, but we're going to do it. You can believe all that Darnold absurdity if you want. 

Dude literally posted this 5 pages ago..

Even by this simplistic premise he had..

It would be logical to pump up a player that might have to play a few games for you Right???

41 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

If you ppl can't realize he's lying and why he's doing it.. Then you need your money taking or didn't have it in the 1st place..

Lmao

Same ppl eat McDonald's 2 a week thinking they're eating real beef.. Talking about companies lying and taking your money..

Gthfo

barf GIF

11 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

My stance has been that nothing Tepper could say would appease people.

“Our QB sucks and the head coach is a disaster.  If he doesn’t win  at least 8 games I’m changing the locks at BOA.” This is what folks want him to say but probably not the best approach.  

I said, nothing but folks were upset over that. If he didn't feel comfortable being honest he could have got through the statement without telling a big lie. The alternative is he actually believed Sam is Very good and that's scary.

25 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

Just like everyone knows the 49ers and the Browns are moving on from Jimmy G and Baker everyone knows we are moving on from Sam.

Any team desperate for a QB would always take Baker (same cap hit/salary) over Sam or Jimmy G (He's going to cost even less).

What team is looking to add Sam Darnold to their Roster right now?

Do you understand they still have stuff to negotiate??

1. Cleveland don't want to pay any of Bakers contract plus they want draft picks..

2. San Francisco wants higher draft picks..

3. If they think we are "MORE" desperate then them and have no faith in Sam .. They have leverage!!

Perfect Analogy..

It's like buying a Car.. If the dealership doesn't feel like you will walk out or they think you're desperate for their car ..

You are going to get fuged on the deal!!

Can you understand that??

Edited by WOW!!

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

Teddy's sin was he criticized a coach and they way he ran the team.

If you think race is a qualifier that a coach or owner would have for his qb you are delusional.  It only matters if they can play the game and win. 

Race only matters to the fans that think it does.

I think it probably does to some people. Racism is real and in plenty of places. It is hard to know what is in someones mind/heart.

2 hours ago, WOW!! said:

How can it be a racial thing when he was willing to trade his whole team and pay 100 mill plus to a Black QB he didn't know would serve Jail time??

Because he wanted Watson last year even with the 22 accuser and no clue if he was going to jail..

He waited 2 years hoping a black QB would choose to tale his money??

Yeah, Rhule may be a scummy used car salesman but nothing about him screams blatant racist.

I think Sam just didn't throw him under the bus, so he doesn't have reason to be butthurt. Also, I think the Sam failure is even more of a hit to his ego so it's harder to throw in towel.

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, Rhule may be a scummy used car salesman but nothing about him screams blatant racist.

I think Sam just didn't throw him under the bus, so he doesn't have reason to be butthurt. Also, I think the Sam failure is even more of a hit to his ego so it's harder to throw in towel.

I think they learned a little from the fug up of last year..

When Tepper  crapped on Teddy so bad.. He burned that bridge of Teddy coming back after they failed on Stafford and Watson.  He destroyed all the leverage we had when getting Sam.. And assets we might could have gotten for Teddy..

• Pie 1

from cam to Darnold..you guys still take what these people say literally lol

zero understanding of media/coach speak and reading between the lines

man what a rough way to go through life, i bet you all feel utterly betrayed by everyone and everything 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, onmyown said:

from cam to Darnold..you guys still take what these people say literally lol

zero understanding of media/coach speak and reading between the lines

man what a rough way to go through life, i bet you all feel utterly betrayed by everyone and everything 

Some ppl are oblivious to the saying..

"Action speak louder than words"

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think it probably does to some people. Racism is real and in plenty of places. It is hard to know what is in someones mind/heart.

True. I guess because I cannot understand that line of thinking in life and that I do not see it openly that it could be an issue to someone. Maybe I've become oblivious to it.

I guess I thought sports was well beyond that in regards to players.

Now in coaching? I'm skeptical that the process has been inclusive and as open as it should have and could have. 

It's all stupid anyway.  Of all the things to dislike someone over the color of their skin would be the last thing you could possibly think of.