• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I listened to all you motherfuggers for weeks with hints here and there

top dawg

9 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I would have rather heard from the staff that he understands the Xs and Os but I'll take his word. 

At this point in the draft he is great value. Some pundits had him as the best QB in the draft and here we are in the third stealing him. And he is on a rookie deal for 4 years.  Hopefully as a redshirt he can start right away practicing  and learning the offense if he is finished with classes.

Edited by panthers55

7 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

After Willis, who I did not want.  I would say the huddle was 50/50 on Howell and Corral.

Whoever gets Howell is going to be pleasantly surprised at his value.

BTW I have to eat some crow as someone I was talking with said Howell was a forth rounder and I thought no way.   Just hand me some BBQ sauce to make it go down easier. 😃

I'm no UNC fan but I too think Howell will be a good value and will have a long career in the NFL. I felt as if we should have went Howell over Coral but I guess I'm no scout and I hope I am very wrong.

Just now, Catsfan69 said:

Isn't that kinda a pot kettle statement from you?

We didn't draft Sam Darnold the Jets did. Before news of that move was even mentioned was there anyone in this fanbase who was like "Hey guys I've found the answers to our prayers. Let's trade for Sam Darnold!"? We both know the answer to that. All along I've wanted us to roll the dice on our own QB and we've done that. So yes I will root for his success because he is a fresh start. You need to start deciding if you're going to pack your bags and follow Sam Darnold to his next team or follow my lead 👍

31 minutes ago, frankw said:

We didn't draft Sam Darnold the Jets did. Before news of that move was even mentioned was there anyone in this fanbase who was like "Hey guys I've found the answers to our prayers. Let's trade for Sam Darnold!"? We both know the answer to that. All along I've wanted us to roll the dice on our own QB and we've done that. So yes I will root for his success because he is a fresh start. You need to start deciding if you're going to pack your bags and follow Sam Darnold to his next team or follow my lead 👍

What I want is for both of them to flourish and have the best QB room on Earth.

3 hours ago, YourLastThought said:

I'm no UNC fan but I too think Howell will be a good value and will have a long career in the NFL. I felt as if we should have went Howell over Coral but I guess I'm no scout and I hope I am very wrong.

It isn't who is the better talent so much as who fits the system you are running. McAdoo liked Corral better.  GMs find players who fit what the coaches want. 

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

It isn't who is the better talent so much as who fits the system you are running. McAdoo liked Corral better.  GMs find players who fit what the coaches want. 

I guess this is why when coaches are fired and new coaches come in usually the new regime doesn't keep the original QB around or at least in many cases. New coach new system. That's the only thing I worry for when Tepper fires Rhule is will it end the career of any promising young QB we may have as well. I thought Howell would be a better pick but I'm behind Coral 100% and so want to see him succeed. I'm already becoming a fan just hoping to see him develop early on so we can see Sam head to the bench for good.