• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Way Too Early QB Predictions

kungfoodude

Starting QB  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who will start the MOST games at QB in 2022?

• Sam Darnold
    • PJ Walker
    • Matt Corral
    • QB not on the roster now

Yeah Rhule's guy vs anyone else...it will be Darnold until they get rid of him. Hell on paper Sam looks like a much better QB. This pick changes so little other than for PJ.

I still think they go get a vet if they want to change who starts this year.

Macadoo>>>Joe Brady
Campen>>>Meyer
CMC is going to stay healthy this year, he's going to play through minor injuries or his stock in the NFL will bottom out, so CMC>>>>>>>>Chubba
Our OL with Ikem, Brady, Boze, Corbett and Moton>>>>>>the musical chairs we had last year

Sam is going to look like Sam from the first three games last year until he gets hurt because he's hurt every year.  At that point we'll see what Corral has, and if he shines, Sam will be riding the pine.

Many huddlers wanted this very draft.  A top 5 LT, and rookie QB with the potential to be an NFL starter...and statements from Rhule that Sam is the day one starter.  We got exactly that.

At this point it looks like Rhule is going to sink or swim with Sam so we can develop Corral.  It's the smart play.  Rookie QB's don't typically shine and Sam is, well Sam.

IMO though, I think the hope that Rhule will be gone next season just won't happen.  Tepper has said it and I believe him.  The O is going to look better, so Sam is going to look better.  Saints and Bucs will take a step back and we'll have a much better record at the end of the day. 

Better question....who finishes the season?

My answer will be Matt Corral. They'll give Sammy more than enough opportunity to show he can do it, longer than they should, but we all know how that works out. 

Then Matt steps in and we don't look back. 

I think we'll see the best QB play from him that we've seen since Cam's shoulder fell apart. 

Ultimately we'll be happy with what he does. But even if we aren't, we'll swing again next year which should have a better crop of QBs to choose from.

Corrall was the best QB of this draft and gave us the best long term solutions of any of the QBs who were in discussion for here after Watson (thankfully) fell through.

I'm just glad that  1) they got us a stud LT (which makes this draft a win regardless of what happened after that) and 2) they The GM crew) kept swinging for a QB. I don't trust Rhule to know his ass from his elbow, but I trust those coaches that got brought in to know how to spot talent. Same with Fitt, Cole Spencer, and Dan Morgan. 

Plus you've got guys like Chris Simms who are pretty good at spotting talent at QB saying that Corrall is the best of this year's class.

I still don't feel good about Rhule or Tepper, but I've got some reasons now to feel ok about how the rest of this team has shaken out. 

And no, Corral wouldn't have been there at our 4th round pick. I'm not happy about having lost a pick from last year, but at least they didn't have a Hurney moment and trade away a first or even a second from next year. I'm hoping they learned their lesson about trading those picks away.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2