• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If only there was an available RPO expert QB to mentor Corral....

Zod

RPO is part of the pro game now though.  Nothing wrong with it.  

good teams are using the college concepts that their players used.  And it doesn’t mean an early Cam Newton version of it is the only option or you then have to go all old school pro.  

38 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

People are looking at this the wrong way.

When the team had Newton, they had two choices. They could teach him the pro game or just build an offense around what he already knew.

Under Shula, they built the offense around his college concepts.

When they scrapped Shula and hired Turner, they did what they should have done from the beginning and coached him up to the pro game.

The last thing I want to see them do is make the same mistake with Matt Corral.

That was my point. He doesn't need a mentor to RPO. We will use it some I'm sure. Especially bootlegs I'd imagine but he needs to learn how to play the position in an NFL style offense or they'll get him killed. 

18 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm not about to ruin my groove on them today.  I'm just going to lie back and enjoy the sunshine for once.

I'm actually not mad about where we're at. My thing is they should let Sam walk and play the rookie or a vet like Cam.

If they play Sam it only hurts his value. Play the rookie and let Sam back him up. Unless we're bringing in a vet to win now while we redshirt Corral.

Corral has to play over Sam. The fans deserve at least that.

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I'm actually not mad about where we're at. My thing is they should let Sam walk and play the rookie or a vet like Cam.

If they play Sam it only hurts his value. Play the rookie and let Sam back him up. Unless we're bringing in a vet to win now while we redshirt Corral.

Corral has to play over Sam. The fans deserve at least that.

Corral needs to play when he's ready to play. Fans should have nothing to do with it.

I do not want to ruin the kid just because Sam can't keep it together.  Leave him out of the equation for now. You're just going to suck it up like the rest of us and watch him one more season.

Seinfeld Soup GIF

• Flames 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Corral needs to play when he's ready to play. Fans should have nothing to do with it.

I do not want to ruin the kid just because Sam can't keep it together.  Leave him out of the equation for now. You're just going to suck it up like the rest of us and watch him one more season.

Seinfeld Soup GIF

Oh let's watch Sam Darnold another year.The Office Reaction GIF

Last thing we need is to coddle the man IF he's the future.

Last I remembered Sam was coddled and hugged and protected.

It's football. Man up or panty out.

I pee pee in soup.

5 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Oh let's watch Sam Darnold another year.The Office Reaction GIF

Last thing we need is to coddle the man IF he's the future.

Last I remembered Sam was coddled and hugged and protected.

It's football. Man up or panty out.

I pee pee in soup.

If he's not ready to play you want him starting anyway just to make you feel better?

Gtfo with that sh!t.

Sounds like you are the one that needs to nut up.

1 hour ago, Panthers Rhule said:

That was my point. He doesn't need a mentor to RPO. We will use it some I'm sure. Especially bootlegs I'd imagine but he needs to learn how to play the position in an NFL style offense or they'll get him killed. 

Pretty much.

If he needs a mentor to show him something that's just one element of the offense, then I guess we're going to have to bring in someone to help with screen passes, fade routes and other aspects too.