• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 6 Pick 199: Cade Mays, OL, Tennessee

Icege

I think the Panthers will keep on the 53-man roster 9 offensive linemen.

So who is "at risk" of being cut?

Cutting Jordan (LG) saves $1m (almost) in cap room. 

Cutting Daley saves about $1m in cap room.

Cutting Erving saves about $2m in cap room.

With that in mind, it is likely the following remain on the roster (Bold are projected starters):

• Bozeman  (C, G)
  • Corbett (RG)
  • Ekwonu  (LT, G)
  • Chritstensen  (T, G)
  • Moton  (RT)
  • Elflein (LG, C)
  • May  (Swing T, G)
  • D. Brown  (RG)
  • Erving (Swing T, G, C)

I actually think we will keep Erving because he has experience with all 5 positions and cutting him sends $4m to the dead cap and only saves $2m.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 4

24 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

My luck, I'd have been the guy stuck in a middle seat between them 😕

True that.  Several years ago I was on a nine hour international flight, stuck between a hogmollie sized young man in the middle seat and the bulk head.  Due to his size, he ‘over flowed’ the arm rest and about a 1/4 of my own seat.  He was sweating profusely throughout the flight and had eaten something pungent before hand.  It made the nine hour flight absolutely unbearable.  It was the only point in my life where I seriously considered ritual seppuku.

Edited by bythenbrs
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, bythenbrs said:

True that.  Several years ago I was on a nine hour international flight, stuck between a hogmollie sized young man in the middle seat and the bulk head.  Due to his size, he ‘over flowed’ the arm rest and about a 1/4 of my own seat.  He was sweating profusely throughout the flight and had eaten something strong and pungent before hand.  It made the nine hour flight absolutely unbearable.  It was the only point in my life where I seriously considered ritual seppuku.

Yikes 😳

14 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I think the Panthers will keep on the 53-man roster 9 offensive linemen.

So who is "at risk" of being cut?

Cutting Jordan (LG) saves $1m (almost) in cap room. 

Cutting Daley saves about $1m in cap room.

Cutting Erving saves about $2m in cap room.

With that in mind, it is likely the following remain on the roster (Bold are projected starters):

• Bozeman  (C, G)
  • Corbett (RG)
  • Ekwonu  (LT, G)
  • Chritstensen  (T, G)
  • Moton  (RT)
  • Elflein (LG, C)
  • May  (Swing T, G)
  • D. Brown  (RG)
  • Erving (Swing T, G, C)

I actually think we will keep Erving because he has experience with all 5 positions and cutting him sends $4m to the dead cap and only saves $2m.

Love having Ekwonu, Christensen, May and Brown on rookie contracts.  Young, lean, hungry and inexpensive.  Two more drafts like this will build the line beautifully for the future.  This is the way.

• Pie 4

24 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

True that.  Several years ago I was on a nine hour international flight, stuck between a hogmollie sized young man in the middle seat and the bulk head.  Due to his size, he ‘over flowed’ the arm rest and about a 1/4 of my own seat.  He was sweating profusely throughout the flight and had eaten something pungent before hand.  It made the nine hour flight absolutely unbearable.  It was the only point in my life where I seriously considered ritual seppuku.

Fortunately for you they did not show an Adam Sandler movie during this flight or you may have done it.

• Pie 2

24 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

Love having Ekwonu, Christensen, May and Brown on rookie contracts.  Young, lean, hungry and inexpensive.  Two more drafts like this will build the line beautifully for the future.  This is the way.

Keep the rookies and the new FA's if possible and Moton. Jettison all the rest.

There is no way any of the rookies could be worse than those lazy vets are. They managed to make Moton look human.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, bythenbrs said:

It was a dare. $100 bucks to eat some lutefisk and boiled cabbage. 

• Pie 1