• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charlotte “unlikely” to contribute taxpayer money for new Panthers headquarters

36 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Ask yourself this: How much money do you want taken out of the state budget for roads, your kids schools and public parks in your town to build a sports stadium for a team where every recognizable public figure associated with that team makes way more than you do?

And lots of folks were upset with the commercialization of the 1996 Atlanta Olympics.

yet all that $ avoided saddling Georgia/Atlanta/local taxpayers with footing a bill for temporary facilities.   Private funding can work.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Ornias said:

I don't think sports holds that big a sway anymore. What municipality even wants a team now? New stadiums are like 2B minimum now and you know Tepper is going to want one to compete with Jerry, so 4-5B min. No way that should be taxpayer funded. 

New York state just made taxpayers pay for the new Bills stadium

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:
2 hours ago, Ornias said:

I don't think sports holds that big a sway anymore. What municipality even wants a team now? New stadiums are like 2B minimum now and you know Tepper is going to want one to compete with Jerry, so 4-5B min. No way that should be taxpayer funded. 

New York state just made taxpayers pay for the new Bills stadium

"Votes"...

...have consequences 👍.

Look for this type of deal with a new stadium.

City of Charlotte buys the land

Tepper builds the stadium

Sound familiar? It’s the same plan Jerry had in 1993

to add to this, Tepper knows with more tax money comes more strings from the government. Contrary to popular belief he doesn’t want the handouts because stadium financing from tax dollars has changed over the last couple of years.

Edited by Panthercougar68

IF the NFL and Tepper could guarantee Charlotte can host two Super Bowls it could be worth it.

If not BofA will be just fine. If we spend tax dollars you gotta give us something. We could go for the most technically advanced stadium ever built.

Fairly or unfairly we've been deprived of two Superbowls. Let us host two, I may forgive and vote yes.

• The D 1

2 hours ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Yeah, I love football and all, but it shouldn’t be tax-funded in any way. I hope Charlotte gives Tepper the finger. Maybe other cities will stand up to these assholes too

What does some over developed football headquarters do for a city like Charlotte? SC will fold for something that brings in a little business for Training camp or something but helping fund a billionaires ideal office building? I thought he was an old school fat sweaty short order cook from Pittsburg that didn't need nice things

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Look for this type of deal with a new stadium.

City of Charlotte buys the land

Tepper builds the stadium

Sound familiar? It’s the same plan Jerry had in 1993

to add to this, Tepper knows with more tax money comes more strings from the government. Contrary to popular belief he doesn’t want the handouts because stadium financing from tax dollars has changed over the last couple of years.

Z-E-R-O chance what you describe actually comes to pass...

...there is no land, and there is no money👍.

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

IF the NFL and Tepper could guarantee Charlotte can host two Super Bowls it could be worth it.

If not BofA will be just fine. If we spend tax dollars you gotta give us something. We could go for the most technically advanced stadium ever built.

Fairly or unfairly we've been deprived of two Superbowls. Let us host two, I may forgive and vote yes.

🤦‍♂️🤣