• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bold prediction

Zod

45 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Those are the guys Rhule chose so it was his fault.

I said that when I said his ego and naivete make him think college coaches can compete with NFL coordinators. The context which apparently escaped you was that by replacing the coordinators with seasoned veterans he has learned his lesson and there is no reason to believe that our miserable record has to continue. I understand McAdoo molds the system to the personnel and is a huge upgrade.  But the coordinators he chose were responsible for the crappy product on the field and thankfully they are all gone. But of course the head coach who insists on control of everything is ultimately responsible for everything and gets blame or praise accordingly.

Edited by panthers55

55 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Those are the guys Rhule chose so it was his fault.

This.

It was Rhules fault for hiring Brady and co.   At the same time, he gets the blame/credit for this years coaching crew as well.

Edited by poundaway

59 minutes ago, PizzaTheHutt said:

we lose the first two with Sam under center.

the heat turns up....

Sam mysteriously gets "hurt"

Corral steps in, a la Delhomme, injects fire into this offense and we turn it around. 

we never look back.

next year the stands are filled with 9s 

i hope so. wouldn't mind us being a situation where we can get a better HC, but aside from him and Snow i think we've got the potential for something pretty good here.

We have a pretty difficult schedule, but I still can't bring myself to be so negative this time of year. Some of you act like we haven't made any moves to improve at all. I am genuinely glad that I don't see what you see, because if I did, I just would skip football or start rooting for another franchise. Keep pounding and eventually the door will open. I'm looking forward to at least cracking it in 2022 with actual competitive play and nothing less than an eight win season. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

We have a pretty difficult schedule, but I still can't bring myself to be so negative this time of year. Some of you act like we haven't made any moves to improve at all. I am genuinely glad that I don't see what you see, because if I did, I just would skip football or start rooting for another franchise. Keep pounding and eventually the door will open. I'm looking forward to at least cracking it in 2022 with actual competitive play and nothing less than an eight win season. 

Moves to improve the roster? Yeah.

Moves to improve the coaching staff? Forced, but sure.

Moves to improve the head coach? No.

That's where the pessimism comes from.

2 hours ago, Pakmeng said:

I'm not sure about the fanbase in general but I think a significant portion of members here want to lose so we can draft a QB high. They also want to be angry about it at the same time.

Well that's dumb and this discussion about tanking has already been had. It isn't happening. Only a few jackasses would complain about winning let's be real. You're fighting something that isn't there.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I hope you're right. I just very seriously doubt it. When you're coming off of three straight five win seasons it's hard to muster up much enthusiasm without an exciting new coaching staff and/or a new elite QB prospect or FA addition. We have neither. Same crew with some bandaids slapped on. Sorry, McAdoo doesn't excite me even a little bit. Probably gonna yield similar if not identical results.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope you're right. I just very seriously doubt it. When you're coming off of three straight five win seasons it's hard to muster up much enthusiasm without an exciting new coaching staff and/or a new elite QB prospect or FA addition. We have neither. Same crew with some bandaids slapped on. Probably gonna yield similar if not identical results.

A franchise LT is a bandaid?  3 new highly rated OLmen are bandaids?

I know OL isn't flashy, but some of us here believe in the importance a strong OL.  We have been screaming for franchise LT for a decade, when we finally get one you call it a bandaid?

This is what I'm talking about. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, poundaway said:

A franchise LT is a bandaid?  3 new highly rated OLmen are bandaids?

I know OL isn't flashy, but some of us here believe in the importance a strong OL.  We have been screaming for franchise LT for a decade, when we finally get one you call it a bandaid?

This is what I'm talking about. 

I'm mainly talking about the staff and the QB situation. You need two factors on the field to be competitive - a coach and a QB. Those are the two MUST HAVES. You can find elite teams with weaknesses at virtually every other position group but you gotta have a QB and if you aren't strong virtually everywhere else then you better have a HC too.

28 minutes ago, frankw said:

Well that's dumb and this discussion about tanking has already been had. It isn't happening. Only a few jackasses would complain about winning let's be real. You're fighting something that isn't there.

Its true, tank talk has gone down.  It has now morphed into hope for losses early on the schedule, with the dream that Rhule gets fired mid-season.  This thread is exhibit A.  Its obsessive really.

Edited by poundaway