• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: Panthers staff not all on same page about acquiring Browns QB Baker Mayfield

11 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

Don’t even waste your time with this troll. His dad knows Tepper or something *allegedly*

He doesn't know anybody...or anything, for that matter.

He tries to crap on others' opinions in order to prop himself up, but everybody knows not to take him seriously.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

As to the actual important stuff, I'd guess Ben McAdoo might be one of the people with a lesser opinion. If he were on board I'd expect Mayfield might already be in the fold.

As to who wants him, most likely suspect is gonna be Rhule.

I'm gonna trust mcadoo and not fhule.  So whatever he wants to do we should

1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

🤦‍♂️🤣

So, since you are in touch with "insiders", tell us this...

1.  How many ppl are in the set of opinions that "she" says would all have to be in the same place to constitute "organizational consensus"?  3?  5?  More?

2.  Which of the people in that set are "high" on Baker...and which aren't?

Do tell...

I would assume organizational consensus would likely be referring to the owner, GM, HC and possibly OC.  So someone out of that group wants Baker.  Someone doesn’t.   Would assume the GM/HC have high odds of being on different pages…..otherwise I don’t think the narrative exists.   If Rhule and Fitt wanted him it wouldn’t matter if McAdoo didn’t IMO. 

and I generally side with long term and high rep NFL reporters generally being right about things they cover.  They might not have all the facts right but they got the gist down. 

• Pie 4

33 minutes ago, toldozer said:

I'm gonna trust mcadoo and not fhule.  So whatever he wants to do we should

McAdoo was reported to not be a huge fan of Mayfield when he was drafted.

21 minutes ago, CRA said:

Would assume the GM/HC have high odds of being on different pages…..otherwise I don’t think the narrative exists.

Probably.

20 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Just play Corral and not recycled garbage. We all should know who is a pro for Baker because we have been forced to watch his other failures at QB...

Give Corral as many snaps as Chuba did in preseason. Don't see why Rhule gets stuck on forcing some rookies into success and giving others pretty much no opportunity. Every team learns a QB's traits, I'd rather know if Corral can ball out sooner rather than later because he'll probably be the only current QB on the 2023 roster

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Don't see why Rhule gets stuck on forcing some rookies into success and giving others pretty much no opportunity.

Because you know that answer...Fans still think we can win despite his giant and obvious flaws. It's comical in a sad clown way at this point.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Because you know that answer...Fans still think we can win despite his giant and obvious flaws. It's comical in a sad clown way at this point.

Yeah I do, and I'm worried he's going to be in even more of a panic mode this year since the seat is super hot. He fooled people in the OTA presser last week acting like he's calm and collected but he's gonna freak under pressure, much like Sam in practice vs real games

• Beer 2

39 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Give Corral as many snaps as Chuba did in preseason. Don't see why Rhule gets stuck on forcing some rookies into success and giving others pretty much no opportunity. Every team learns a QB's traits, I'd rather know if Corral can ball out sooner rather than later because he'll probably be the only current QB on the 2023 roster

Preseason snaps are better than nothing, but the regular season snaps are where we would need to see him to judge what he's made of.  "Speed of the game" is one of the biggest things that players have to adjust to when they get to the NFL.  And part of that speed comes from gameplanning, which doesn't happen during preseason.

I remember Justin Fields putting up some highlight plays in preseason.  Then he made the comment after one of the preseason games that the NFL is slower than he thought.  Once the regular season hit, he saw the difference and it ate him alive.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

Preseason snaps are better than nothing, but the regular season snaps are where we would need to see him to judge what he's made of.  "Speed of the game" is one of the biggest things that players have to adjust to when they get to the NFL.  And part of that speed comes from gameplanning, which doesn't happen during preseason.

I remember Justin Fields putting up some highlight plays in preseason.  Then he made the comment after one of the preseason games that the NFL is slower than he thought.  Once the regular season hit, he saw the difference and it ate him alive.

I wanna give Fields another year before declaring anything. He was in and out of the lineup with a shitty offense, he flashed at times and took some bumps that he'll probably correct. Yeah dumb comment but his coaching staff was also a mess