• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many times are we going to lose in the second round.

Snake

Whenever we can take advantage of the powerplay and stop taking so many penalties. Our top guys have to stop going MIA in the playoffs also. These past 2 series would've ended in 5 or 6 with us playing Tampa if we did those things better. I think a lot of that has to do with coaching and Rod has to get a better assistant coach to help him out. Adding a couple of snipers will also help us be more opportunistic. 

• Pie 1

I no longer believe in Rod when it comes to the playoffs. 
I think he should enter 2022 season on the hot seat. Stanley Cup or bust. 
Congrats Rod you had another 50 win season, then you crap the bed again in the playoffs. 
Maybe we’ll get lucky and somehow make it to the Stanley Cup with Rod. 
But 4 years later I am less such of that then I ever have been. 

• Poo 2

46 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Congrats Rod you had another 50 win season, then you crap the bed again in the playoffs. 

This is the dumbest take of all dumb takes. Rod on the hot seat?  Matt, stick with jeeps and the Panthers. 

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

The Canes took 2 teams to 7 games with a 32-year old career backup goalie.

The only way NY could score was on the PP and Carolina kept giving them those opportunities. And, while we're on that subject, the officiating was inconsistent, to say the least. 

Raanta was shell shocked from the previous game when he was pulled- I said that 2 days ago and I also said I'd be very surprised if Carolina could come back from that. Raanta was done after game 6- his confidence was gone.

• Pie 2

IMHO, we peaked early this year.  This slide started at the end of the regular season.  We had 1st place in the metro comfortably in our hands and had to fight to keep it.  We had games with 30+ shots that we lost.  It also didn't help losing Freddie.

Rod has taken us to the playoffs the last 4 years and into the 2nd round in 3 of those.  Yes it sucks not get to the big dance, but we were bottom feeders the 9 years prior.  I want to see improvement.  The PP has got to get better, and we need to contend on the road, and our stars need to show up.  Big players make big plays when the pressure's on, and we couldn't even score a goal when the goalie was out of the crease.  BUT, I'd much rather have the last 4 seasons as opposed to the previous 9. 

If we can fix the power play, keep our level of play throughout the season, and have some things fall our way we'll get better.

Coaches always need to be on the hot seat to get better and to improve, but I'm not ready to pull the plug on Rod if he doesn't win the cup next year.  We could replace him with the Matt Rhule of hockey.  Just typing that made me cringe!

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

The difference is star power. Canes are well coached and maximize their talent but they just don't have enough to break through deep in the playoffs. They need to go sign a big time top scoring winger and add another sage veteran center. Unless Jarvis turns into a 40 goal scorer next season I don't expect a different result unless they swing for the fences while they have this core in place. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, TheCandyMan said:

Coaches always need to be on the hot seat to get better and to improve, but I'm not ready to pull the plug on Rod if he doesn't win the cup next year.  We could replace him with the Matt Rhule of hockey.  Just typing that made me cringe!

Big time no for me on firing Rod. Dude has single handedly drug the Canes up from the doldrums of hockey. Firing him would be a horrible move. He deserves at least another season or two with a re-tooled roster to make a run at a cup. Another two seasons of 2nd round finishes and I agree it's time to take a chance on someone else. 

• Pie 2

On 5/31/2022 at 7:05 AM, TLGPanthersFan said:

See that rectangular thing over there? That's the door. You will be missed.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

5 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

He had an alt called NC FL that was abusing/bullying people verbally. He called me “a pathetic loser” because I was too positive about our team. Words don’t hurt me but In due time he will be banned again. 

Edited by Panthers Fan 69
  • Poo 1

7 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

Hey look another comedian. May you and the two other guys can form some unrealistic positivity Hurricanes club. 
You don’t my like my opinions you can just ignore me. 

Edited by TLGPanthersFan
  • Poo 1