• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Huddle Fitterer Approval Rating

kungfoodude

Fitterer Approval  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Do you currently approve of the job Scott Fitterer is doing?

16 minutes ago, PizzaTheHutt said:

There are lots of "ifs" still, but I do like his style. If Icky and Corral hits, all doubts are evaporated 

I don't think Corral is necessary. If he just hits on Horn, Icky, Chinn and maybe Marshall he's good in my book. I don't really judge harshly on anything past the 3rd round. 

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, stbugs said:

I’m with you. What FAs or extensions has he had that have worked out so far?

Bad Pile (IMHO) - Erving, Darnold (double whammy, trade and 5th year) Elflein, Donte, Thomas, Robby, Jones

Good Pile - Reddick. I like Corbett and Bozeman, but we haven’t seen them play.

We blame Rhule for everything Temple/Baylor but then Fitt’s only good FA was due to Snow and Rhule and we signed Donte over him.

Draft wise we’ve got Horn and Iky so far as true impact players but that was pick 6 and 8, which are more about not making a bad pick. The rest have not made an impact or likely won’t so while an incomplete grade, we certainly didn’t get a Humphrey or Smith stud OL or stud anything past pick 8 even though we had needs and opportunities. Corral is huge to his drafts not being Hurney good too 10 pick and poo.

It’s just so funny how much love Fitterer gets because he’s not Rhule or Tepper. It’s easy to shield his mistakes as you said and only give him credit. I haven’t seen any moves that were like man, that was huge and game changing yet. Again, Corral is the swing from bad to good and everyone is handing that one to McAdoo.

I’m pretty certain we had a good draft last year, but it’s hard to tell when your first pick breaks his foot and your HC doesn’t play his young guys because of short arms or whatever else.  We barely used Tremble or TMJ last year.  I think Fitt is gonna prove his worth if Rhule keeps getting power stripped away

2 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

I’m pretty certain we had a good draft last year, but it’s hard to tell when your first pick breaks his foot and your HC doesn’t play his young guys because of short arms or whatever else.  We barely used Tremble or TMJ last year.  I think Fitt is gonna prove his worth if Rhule keeps getting power stripped away

Tremble and TMJ got plenty of PT last year. Tremble started 11 games, played 16 games and was in on 48% of all offensive snaps. TMJ started 3 games, played in 13 games and was in on 48% of offensive snaps. 

Tremble was fine, it was TMJ that was a head scratching disappointment. 

The issue I have with the 2021 class is that we didn't much of anything from our 1st-3rd picks. Now, Horn I like and he was injured so there is an asterisk on that statement. However, TMJ and BC were just plain not good. They were disappointing even by rookie standards. So, that is a big concern. We have to get them to develop into something, if even just quality depth guys. 

But a team as talent deficient as we are cannot have many bad drafts. It just digs a deeper and deeper hole.

• Beer 2

4 hours ago, stbugs said:

I’m with you. What FAs or extensions has he had that have worked out so far?

Bad Pile (IMHO) - Erving, Darnold (double whammy, trade and 5th year) Elflein, Donte, Thomas, Robby, Jones

Good Pile - Reddick. I like Corbett and Bozeman, but we haven’t seen them play.

We blame Rhule for everything Temple/Baylor but then Fitt’s only good FA was due to Snow and Rhule and we signed Donte over him.

Draft wise we’ve got Horn and Iky so far as true impact players but that was pick 6 and 8, which are more about not making a bad pick. The rest have not made an impact or likely won’t so while an incomplete grade, we certainly didn’t get a Humphrey or Smith stud OL or stud anything past pick 8 even though we had needs and opportunities. Corral is huge to his drafts not being Hurney good too 10 pick and poo.

It’s just so funny how much love Fitterer gets because he’s not Rhule or Tepper. It’s easy to shield his mistakes as you said and only give him credit. I haven’t seen any moves that were like man, that was huge and game changing yet. Again, Corral is the swing from bad to good and everyone is handing that one to McAdoo.

This.  Fit, Rhule and Tepper all collaborated on the Sam, Erving, Elflein,  Henderson deals.  We didn't draft OL until 3rd round last year.  I didn't read a single story where Fit fought against those decisions and lost, in fact Panther Confidential showed that Fit, Rhule and Tepper were in lock step.  The Sam deal was discussed without Rhule even in the room in Panthers Confidential.  We know the idea came from Snow, and Rhule probably suggested it, but Fit took it and ran with it.

I don't know why Fit gets a pass around here for last year, but gets the credit for this year.  I guess people like it when we trade.

Edited by poundaway

1 minute ago, poundaway said:

This.  Fit, Rhule and Tepper all collaborated on the Sam, Erving, Elflein,  Henderson deals.  We didn't draft OL until 3rd round last year.  I didn't read a single story where Fit fought against those decisions and lost, in fact Panther Confidential showed that Fit, Rhule and Tepper were in lock step.  The Sam deal was discussed without Rhule even in the room.

I don't know why Fit gets a pass around here for last year, but gets the credit for this year.  I guess people like it when we trade.

Not to mention, Fitt was literally hand selected by Rhule and Tepper....the guys rocking 82-86% disapproval ratings in these polls.

Enough of Fitterers moves have backfired to make me suspicious of him. I want to see him in a traditional GM role, though. Out from under the specter of being a Jr. GM to Matt Rhule. 

I think if we see a couple of seasons of that, we will know if he is going to be worth keeping around.

31 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think Corral is necessary. If he just hits on Horn, Icky, Chinn and maybe Marshall he's good in my book. I don't really judge harshly on anything past the 3rd round. 

yeah the Corral one is personal hahaha. He's my dude. Like I still feel like this is a fever dream and we are still a week before the draft, I can't believe he's a Panther and we snagged him in the 3rd. I haven't gone balls deep and bought a jersey, but its coming...

He started shaky with the Darnold fiasco downgrading his overall performance, but he's been good other than that, and on fire this year.

You have to view him juxtaposed against the shadow of Rhule. That's always going to give us a lack of true clarity.

6 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

TBD

Same.

I have a lot of positive feelings about what I've seen so far but at this point we're still judging off of a single offseason.

And yeah, the fact that he doesn't have final say on the roster makes it harder to judge.

Basically I feel like he's going to be a good GM, and I think he and Morgan will make a great combo as long as they stay together.

But...it is still early.

1 hour ago, PandaMan said:

I’m good with The Fiddler.  He seems to thrive in the chaos of the draft and doesn’t panic (at least not that I’ve seen).  It’d be nice if him and Dan Morgan could take control of all roster moves 

This is kind of a key factor to me.

I feel like Fitterer Year One almost has to be judged differently than Fitterer Year Two, with the reason being the full offseason presence of Dan Morgan.

Nearly all of Fitterer's personnel experience has been in college scouting. He's talked about "dabbling" in the pro side, but I don't think it's his forté.

Morgan on the other hand has plenty of pro scouting experience. And I'm hoping it shows in our acquisitions this offseason.

As I've said many times, I believe Fitterer and Morgan's complementary skill sets could make a great combo for us.

If Morgan gets a GM job elsewhere though, I'm hoping the next Assistant GM has a similarly strong pro personnel background so we can keep that balance intact.

Edited by Mr. Scot