• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mini Camp news

Captain Morgan

10 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Discounting BC so soon, eh? Your opinion seems to be at odds with Campen's. Indeed, PFF scored him in the mediocre range his rookie season, and I'd expect him to get better.

I don't expect much. I will accept being wrong. Never can have too many quality OL.

But, no, my hopes for BC are that he eventually becomes a good backup.

8 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Pretty drab first minicamp huh

I mean...it's mini camp, not training camp. I wouldn't get too excited unless we saw a major injury. That's about the only thing that should really move the needle.

Great play or terrible play....meh. We will see what happens in TC.

• Beer 2

8 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't expect much. I will accept being wrong. Never can have too many quality OL.

But, no, my hopes for BC are that he eventually becomes a good backup.

I'm not saying to expect him to be an All-Pro, but you sound like you're taking the glass-half-empty perspective before the kid can even show you what he's got.  Now I don't have a PFF subscription, but I'll take an inferior site's word for it (I won't link it because I know there is/used to be some discrimination here against the site, but you can look it up if you want):

"Outside of Brady Christensen’s Week 7 spot start at left tackle, he didn’t start there again until Weeks 16-18. And how did he perform in those three games against pretty stiff competition from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (twice) and the New Orleans Saints? His average pass block grade in Weeks 16-18 from PFF was a solid 73."

The an inferior site article was pretty scathing in reference to Rhule wasting snaps on obviously inferior vetarans, by the way.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

I'm not saying to expect him to be an All-Pro, but you sound like you're taking the glass-half-empty perspective before the kid can even show you what he's got.  Now I don't have a PFF subscription, but I'll take an inferior site's word for it (I won't link it because I know there is/used to be some discrimination here against the site, but you can look it up if you want):

"Outside of Brady Christensen’s Week 7 spot start at left tackle, he didn’t start there again until Weeks 16-18. And how did he perform in those three games against pretty stiff competition from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (twice) and the New Orleans Saints? His average pass block grade in Weeks 16-18 from PFF was a solid 73."

The an inferior site article was pretty scathing in reference to Rhule wasting snaps on obviously inferior vetarans, by the way.

He didn't show much that much in limited time. He strikes me as a project without a clear landing spot.

I will point out that Mike Wahle looked at some tape(older 4 Man Rush podcast) and came away with largely the opinion that the gulf was noticeable between him becoming a quality NFL OL and where he was last year. He didn't seem to be too enthusiastic about his prospects.

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean...it's mini camp, not training camp. I wouldn't get too excited unless we saw a major injury. That's about the only thing that should really move the needle.

Great play or terrible play....meh. We will see what happens in TC.

Yeah I just mean from a media coverage standpoint. I guess Tepper or Rhule are still being uptight about it, like they have some genius play calls they don't want the world to see

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah I just mean from a media coverage standpoint. I guess Tepper or Rhule are still being uptight about it, like they have some genius play calls they don't want the world to see

Yeah, I don't expect coverage to ever be as good as it was pre-Tepper.

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I still believe that Ekwonu is a day 1 LT starter. If that doesn't happen......Jesus.

Checked with some sources . . . Jesus won't be playing this year . . . working on some other stuff

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2