• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Pat McAfee show

Shocker

23 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hat's off to him for making a living but it's basically "Jersey Shore Sports Talk". It doesn't speak highly of you if you're a regular listener.

Just sayin'.

I don’t care for him or his show either but was the bolded really necessary?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

So sports reporting in my life went from journalism to hot take to opinion entertainment lol...

Well if ESPN died maybe YouTube will be next. Just seems like a different version of hot take sports BS by dragging it out. Not sure which is less enjoyable to me. Well to each their own, try not to kill too many brain cells. 

Edited by Waldo

18 minutes ago, Waldo said:

So sports reporting in my life went from journalism to hot take to opinion entertainment lol...

Well if ESPN died maybe YouTube will be next. Just seems like a different version of hot take sports BS by dragging it out. Not sure which is less enjoyable to me. Well to each their own, try not to kill too many brain cells. 

Very similar to the national media in general

Pat's show is great because they cover the same stuff as the talking wigs but they have absolutely zero fuggs to give for who they piss off with the commentary. You get some pretty pointed criticism from them some times that you don't get other places.

Edited by Cam's New Arm
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

He's also an easy avenue for the players to get on and tell their story without going through the normal protocols. You would never have heard Aaron Rodgers' stance on the vaccine if Pat wasn't around. 

Or, rather, maybe that's why some don't like Pat, I'm sure.

Edited by Cam's New Arm
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, Barney said:

Very similar to the national media in general

All of the 24 hr cycle stuff did on cable. They had to fill the spaces and then it took over. I'm not sure the news did the hot take BS ESPN feed viewers but they skipped to the entertainment news hard. There is still good news out there but people only want to hear what they believe that is the cesspool YouTube provides. 

Edited by Waldo

55 minutes ago, Waldo said:

All of the 24 hr cycle stuff did on cable. They had to fill the spaces and then it took over. I'm not sure the news did the hot take BS ESPN feed viewers but they skipped to the entertainment news hard. There is still good news out there but people only want to hear what they believe that is the cesspool YouTube provides. 

Yes I was referring more to the national news becoming more opinion and less about actual accurate news.   It is really too bad that real journalism is pretty much dead.  

• Beer 2