• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Clifford Returning to Charlotte

Daddy_Uncle

How Mitch can sleep at night with these moves is beyond me.   Guess what we also are questioning resigning Bridges and bringing on Westbrook.

You have got to be fuggin kidding me

Lets try as hard as possible to be the laughing stock of this league.   

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 2

Lot of casuals and whiners in here. Clifford is the last coach to take the Hornets to the playoffs and he’s always had guys play hard for him, but he’s never had a roster as good as this. Soon as LaMelo makes one no-look pass in the season opener, every one of y’all will be excited again.

Oh, and the Hornets can sign him to the max when they want. I’d maybe rather have had D’Antoni, maybe, but let’s be honest. D’Antoni was a big name. Philosophically, he was OG Borrego — and that didn’t work. Clifford won 48 games with Kemba, Big Al, Lin and a bunch of janitors. No team he coached 1) was paired with Mitch as GM, and 2) had this level of talent. 

Edited by Carl Spackler
  • Pie 7
  • Poo 2

The issue with Clifford wasn't his ability as a coach it was his stubborn ways with the rotations and loyalty to vets. When was the last time a sports franchise made a move like this and it worked out successfully? I'll hope for the best and will still watch but there is legitimate concern with this move. To simply dismiss concern as whining is rich considering the same poster has made an entire huddle persona out of lambasting management of the local football team for sketchy decisions.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1

Clifford all but guarantees we are cusp playoffs cuz he isn’t going to play our young talent.  The absolute worst place you can be.  He will improve the defense but in turn won’t play the young guys.   We have seen this before over and over

Its his bullheaded attitude that bothers me with him and not that he can’t coach.  Lamelo will leave for a west coast team and we will be mired in mediocrity.  Just the way it is for us

Just no real vision for being anything but fringe playoffs.   

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Who is sweeping us is the first round next year while Plumlee plays and Mark Williams sits.

Correction…play in games…not playoffs

Our GM thinks we are too talented for a lottery pick…it can’t get more depressing than that

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1