• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield is a Carolina Panther

uncfan888

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Seriously some of you need to research the situation of 3rd round QB success stories before posting..

Because in reality none of those teams went into the season planning to start that Qb..

Dak - Romo got hurt..

Russell- beat everybody out in TC and pre season.. Which Matt still has a opportunity to do..

Davis mills - Watson likes massages to much and Tyrod got hurt..

This is not something you planned to do ppl.. If it happens okay.. But you can't planned to do it.. And you couldn't in good conciousness go into TC with no Competition for Darnold.. You pretty much told the roster we're tanking...

None of that makes Mayfield the man for the job.

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

He was given the opportunity and he succeeded.

The FO here is too busy stacking the deck against Corral to notice anything.

YOU trust this FO? OK. Guess what the most likely outcome is...

Dude they didn't plan to give him the opportunity... 

Do you not realize the difference??

He just beat the guys out which Corral still has a chance to do.. What do you not understand??

8 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

The case against Baker Mayfield

But 1½ good seasons out of four does not a franchise quarterback make. There were too many potential game-winning drives in the fourth quarter botched, too many uncatchable passes, too few victories with so much talent around him.

Tell me he'll have a better squad around him.....no, not really

Coach?! Lol

The time to make that case is past.

He's our QB now, lets hope he rises to the challenge.

3 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Loop Trump GIF

Not unless two guys get hurt.

How the fug do you know??

You literally have the guy who was in Seattle when it happened..

How do you know Matt won't beat them out..

The only difference in opinion is you can't plan for that to happen.. Like no other team has..

Baker is a better quarterback than folks want to admit. But he is inconsistent. But so are the Browns and so are the Panthers. Will he be better in Carolina. Hard to say but after going in the 1st round 4 years ago and then not having any teams really want you has to be a wakeup call and pretty humbling. We can only hope a new start mixed with being in a contract year will get the best out of him. Unless he and Sam play lights out, Corral will be the only QB here next year.

3 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

None of that makes Mayfield the man for the job.

Who said he was..

COMPETITION!!!!!

CHEAP COMPETITION!!!

Was the only way this was going to go once we didn't get Watson...

You couldn't just give Sam the job with no COMPETITION!!

YOU  can't plan for a 3rd round pick "development" QB to be his only competition ...lol

They had to bring in somebody with starting experience to compete with Sam..

And the fact they did it so cheap is a win!!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

im just thinking of the redemption storyline for not just baker but the entire team

baker has talent and has won games when given the proper support.  that chip and fire under his ass is back.  talk about being motivated. 

whether he was going to be a panther or not, i would have rooted for baker. Hes gotten sshit on. He got humbled now its his turn at redemption. 

yada yada..  this reason, that reason..  hes our QB and I love come back stories. He was a short stubby guy that walked on at college and won the heisman..  taken #1 ovr...   i can see how that could inflate your head hes only human

had a piece of humble pie and has a lot to prove.  rooting for him hard.  im choosing to be optimistic. 

• Pie 4

5 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Who said he was..

COMPETITION!!!!!

CHEAP COMPETITION!!!

YOU  can't plan for a 3rd round pick "development" QB to be his only competition ...lol

Man it’s hopeless against some of these people. I said we got an upgrade over Darnold for very cheap, even called Baker mid-tier and they couldn’t handle it. I got accused of loving Darnold, being a “sunshiner”, not following the team good enough. I honestly think they were set to be upset and even after we acquired him for so cheap, still wanted to bitch and moan.

My favorite so far is someone getting pissed that if Baker outplays his 2020 season and gets us to the playoffs we will be screwed, while also saying he wasn’t much of an upgrade… Huddle gonna Huddle.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Who said he was..

COMPETITION!!!!!

CHEAP COMPETITION!!!

15 minutes ago, poundaway said:

The time to make that case is past.

He's our QB now, lets hope he rises to the challenge.

He IS what he IS. Not a great QB. Never had the size or speed to make a difference. This is well documented in Ohio. This is the same FO that paid Sam 19mill.

In Tepp you trust. Sizzle is loving you guys right now.

Trash football is trash football. The FO doesn't admire, GB, NE, LA, no they want to trade with the Jets and Browns. They remake bad decisions.

Carry on.

7 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

im just thinking of the redemption storyline for not just baker but the entire team

baker has talent and has won games when given the proper support.  that chip and fire under his ass is back.  talk about being motivated. 

whether he was going to be a panther or not, i would have rooted for baker. Hes gotten sshit on. He got humbled now its his turn at redemption. 

yada yada..  this reason, that reason..  hes our QB and I love come back stories. He was a short stubby guy that walked on at college and won the heisman..  taken #1 ovr...   i can see how that could inflate your head hes only human

had a piece of humble pie and has a lot to prove.  rooting for him hard.  im choosing to be optimistic. 

Angry Downton Abbey GIF

• Pie 1

And another reason to want Corral to sit is..

He's frail built.. He needs a offseason of NfL weight and muscle gain with a NFL staff to take a NFL beating..

Especially with his fearless play style..

6'2 210 will get hurt quickly behind a Newly formed Oline..

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

He IS what he IS. Not a great QB. Never had the size or speed to make a difference. This is well documented in Ohio. This is the same FO that paid Sam 19mill.

In Tepp you trust. Sizzle is loving you guys right now.

Trash football is trash football. The FO doesn't admire, GB, NE, LA, no they want to trade with the Jets and Browns. They remake bad decisions.

Carry on.

Who were you going to get then?? Especially for this cheap of price..

Because again you couldn't go into the season asking 52 other men to give there blood sweat and tears to the team.. But put Sam and a developmental project out there to lead them... They had to get somebody in here to compete with Sam.. Or you just told the rest of the roster and coaching staff we're tanking..

• Pie 1