• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp Interest Post-Mayfield Trade

kungfoodude

What is your level of interest after the trade?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Interest Post-Mayfield Trade

1 hour ago, Zod said:

More for me. I had an interest of 2 and now it is a solid 5. 

Similar. Not jumping for joy by any means but it adds an interesting element.

I suspect we will see more national spotlight because of Mayfield being here too. That's going to be an interesting thing to watch develop.

I, for one, am glad there will be increased scrutiny on our situation. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know if my expectations are higher, but it's probably fair to say things are more interesting now.

Yeah, I framed the question that way intentionally. 

That was basically what I wanted after the draft and free agency. Just something to make me interested in even watching in 2022.

I think Baker makes that almost a definite since we couldn't count on seeing Corral.

22 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I framed the question that way intentionally. 

That was basically what I wanted after the draft and free agency. Just something to make me interested in even watching in 2022.

I think Baker makes that almost a definite since we couldn't count on seeing Corral.

Probably the best perspective on the situation.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, L-TownCat said:

Probably the best perspective on the situation.

I was very clear about my view on that prior to the trade. With Baker or Jimmy G, there is at least something to WATCH. With the Darnold/Corral situation, there is a high likelihood of seeing more of Darnold than any of us ever wants to. IMO, that isn't anything that is worth watching. Saw that story last season. No reason to watch the redux. 

So, even though I think Rhule is an idiot that will have anothet losing season, a new starting QB gives me a reason to watch. Especially one with the insane talent level Mayfield has. Doesn't even have to succeed. I will watch because it's interesting. 

Low bar, perhaps but that's where I am.

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I was very clear about my view on that prior to the trade. With Baker or Jimmy G, there is at least something to WATCH. With the Darnold/Corral situation, there is a high likelihood of seeing more of Darnold than any of us ever wants to. IMO, that isn't anything that is worth watching. Saw that story last season. No reason to watch the redux. 

So, even though I think Rhule is an idiot that will have anothet losing season, a new starting QB gives me a reason to watch. Especially one with the insane talent level Mayfield has. Doesn't even have to succeed. I will watch because it's interesting. 

Low bar, perhaps but that's where I am.

Until Tepper, I never missed a game.  The last time I cheered was Cam’s TD pass in AZ.  I’m at the lowest point of my fandom since inception.  

An average QB you say?  
 The Office Reaction GIF

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1