• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Again, Smitty is cautiously optimistic about Mayfield

GRWatcher

3 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Gonna be some really disappointed fans when Baker doesn’t turn this team around.  All the same excuses were thrown around last offseason when they trade for Sam.  

Don’t they do the same thing regardless of who this failed franchise brings in? Those homer glasses so many wear are hard to see the reality through.  

3 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Gonna be some really disappointed fans when Baker doesn’t turn this team around.  All the same excuses were thrown around last offseason when they trade for Sam.  

True but it would be disingenous not to note the fact that Sam Darnold has been a turnover prone disaster from the get go. And absolutely no one at any point in time before the trade was being discussed was like yeah that guy Sam Darnold could be the answer to our prayers.

1 hour ago, ickmule said:

Don’t they do the same thing regardless of who this failed franchise brings in? Those homer glasses so many wear are hard to see the reality through.  

Always thinking it will be different this time. 

1 hour ago, frankw said:

True but it would be disingenous not to note the fact that Sam Darnold has been a turnover prone disaster from the get go. And absolutely no one at any point in time before the trade was being discussed was like yeah that guy Sam Darnold could be the answer to our prayers.

Never hitch your wagon to a USC QB. I was skeptical from the beginning, more like disappointed when I heard the news. I knew it would end terribly. 

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

Top Tier (1-4):
P.Mahomes, A.Rogers, J.Allen, T.Brady

Next Level (5-11)
J.Burrow, L.Jackson, J.Herbert, M.Stafford, D.Watson, D.Carr, R.Wilson

Starting Caliber (12-15)
D.Prescott, K.Cousins, K.Murray, R.Tannehill

Ups & Downs (16-20):
M.Ryan, J.Hurts, B.Mayfield, J.Garoppolo, Mac Jones

Time Will Tell... (21-23):
T.Lawrence, J.Fields, Z.Wilson

Bottom Rung (24-32):
J.Winston, C.Wentz, M.Trubisky, D.Lock, J.Goff, D.Jones, D.Mills, M.Mariotta, T.Tagovailoa

They didn't mention Dak (or I missed it) but even out of the 16-20 I think Mayfield would be the last of that group.  For Mayfield and our sake let's hope this season is an UP season.

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

Never hitch your wagon to a USC QB. I was skeptical from the beginning, more like disappointed when I heard the news. I knew it would end terribly. 

You can also say the same about QB from Oklahoma, outside of Kyler they haven't produced much NFL talent at QB.

• Beer 1

With Baker, it is going to come down to self-discipline.  Will he have the maturity to not try to force plays?  Will he play within the system?  If he can do that, he can win.  If his ego takes him on a rogue ride, we are going to be talking Corral week 5.

15 hours ago, Chief Keek said:

You can also say the same about QB from Oklahoma, outside of Kyler they haven't produced much NFL talent at QB.

Lotta colleges like that--

Ohio State comes to mind.  They seem to have a top prospect every year, and they all seem to bust.

USC  I can think of one good one

Bama  Jones?  Tua?  do they count?  Oh wait--there is Namath.