• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Article on why we should cut Darnold….am I wrong for being against this??

WarPanthers89

...I don't want to see Darnhold in a Panther Uni ever again...If Im the billionaire his azz would be gone... If our season is going so damn bad that we have to install him at QB...hell... just put Corral in at QB... he holds no value whatsoever...cut him.

• Pie 1

49 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I really don’t like the way Darnold is treated but he has to go earn it.  Cutting him is stupid

How he's treated? We picked up the fifth year option on the worst starting QB in the league after inexplicably trading for him. He's going to make $18M to hold a clipboard.

Sign me up for some of that treatment! 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I don’t care how much they compete in practice, no way I’d take Sam starting over Baker no matter how they look in camp. Darnold has always been a strong practice guy….well maybe strong is the wrong word. The article questions Corrals development if he’s not number 2 compared to Sam being our primary backup. I would like for Corral to have a true redshirt year where he does not see the field at all and really gets time to grasp the NFL so that he has the best shot at long term success. If Matt was the primary backup and Baker goes down he could be thrown to the wolves and pick up some bad habits. Being that we picked him him in the third round there should be no pressure for him to perform immediately. 

This is my problem with ppl..

This needs to be said so ppl can stop living in fantasy world..

Matt Corral is a 3rd rd QB project.  Every QB in the 2022 draft (after Pickett) was seen as a project who needed to sit a year or 2.. The NFL has spoken and that's why these kids were drafted in the 3rd and not the 1st so there wasn't any pressure to throw these kids in the fire before they were ready..  Him sitting getting 3rd QB reps isn't a bad thing or is it hurting his development... Corral at this point is having problems getting snaps under Center and knowing the plays because he played in a Mickey mouse system in college... He has elite skill sets but him getting the mental game and developing his frail body to take NFL punishment is more important then him getting 2nd team reps his rookie year. Unless he proves he's Russell Wilson and that miracle happens for us.. The plan has always been to sit him Atleast a year..

Making Baker or Sam work for the job isn't a bad thing.. Some ppl here call it a farce competition.. Whatever...... 1 QB is making way more and they spent assets to get him..At the same time they've made it clear all offseason they were looking  for a upgrade...The better QB is only here for a bag of chips and he still had to take a contract hit. The New OC isn't a fan of either player. .. This is as fair competition as I've seen.. There is no attachment to either guy.. IMO this is the only time where it truly feels like "who ever give them the best chance to win will play" is a true statement that will be followed..

Edited by WOW!!
  • Pie 4

2 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

...Ummm comon .... Sam sucks...quit trying to make anything about him legitimate .... He has no value. none. 

Stfu and use reading comprehension or just reading in general..

At what point did I say either were "good" QBs??.. Don't worry I'll wait. 

Just now, top dawg said:

I'm not against competition, and actually prefer it.

What I'm against is a farce of a competition. If that's even remotely on the radar, they can dump Darnold.

Darnold will look decent until he sees a real defense. It’s pointless to have a TC competition with him when the entire NFL knows he struggles in real game decisions.

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I'm not against competition, and actually prefer it.

What I'm against is a farce of a competition. If that's even remotely on the radar, they can dump Darnold.

Just a question.. What makes this a farce competition?? 

They literally have no attachment to either player...