• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King talks about David Tepper...

Mr. Scot

7 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Some teams for your consideration:

23AFCCC8-1A1B-4742-9898-39F3930715D1.jpeg

Sizzle. Five years. Not good at it. No signs of getting better. Prone to the same error, over and over. 

They're not even trending upward. You know if they don't remake their offense around the QB1 on their board it's another 5 "win" season. Again. You see it coming don't you?

1 hour ago, Snake said:

He's been as bad as Donald Trump was as president. 

No he's as bad or worse than Biden. You know losing and losing and losing and losing.

Trump gas was cheap and plentiful. We were far better off. Please be honest with yourself.

Polito-Brainwashing won't work Hunter is your leader, running things. Disgraceful. Disgusting. Dems are so dishonest.

Please stop. Independents and moderates don't believe that fake news. Biden is worse than any previous president let's move on.

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Both signs of irrational thought. The most valuable position, does not come cheap and thinking a bargain basement or journeyman will now succeed because he's on your team now is and was foolish and delusional and they keep doing it. The result will be the same.

Refusing to travel the cheaper, higher risk, greater reward route of going all in on the draft, QB of the future, drafting a good QB by all means necessary be it moving up or trading has been lost on ultra ego Tepper.

The guy in 5yrs has shown a ton of irrationality and obvious flailing. Obviously he had the cheat code for billions. A "cheat" is a cheat and lacks real merit, so when a fake is revealed to be fake, the incompetence is to be expected.

I'm calling fake. Somebody with true business acumen like Jerry Richardson with Hardee's then Bojangles and the Panthers makes it look easy in comparison to someone who was handed everything through systematic fractional pocket stuffing.

What would have been the non "cheap" route they should have taken in the past 2 years that they didnt?  You take as many cheap low risk swings on younger qbs who have the physical tools as you can.  You dont sit on your hands and wait.

where in the fug did this 5-7 year thing come from? And why the fug again are fans buying into it lmao…it didn’t come from history data analytics or facts  

it’s just some dumbass bullshit Tep came up with and it’s not true at all. I’m beginning to suspect Tep has never even watched a NFL game before becoming an owner.

seriously the play is over, hire some fuging experts Tep and step aside good lord

Edited by onmyown

17 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hell, even that could have been forgiven.

But when you follow that up by giving both a huge contract and full control to a college coach with one year of pro experience as an assistant to an assistant, you pretty much confirm to everyone watching that you have no frigging clue what you're doing.

A college coach that never even beat a ranked team 

11 hours ago, rippadonn said:

No he's as bad or worse than Biden. You know losing and losing and losing and losing.

Trump gas was cheap and plentiful. We were far better off. Please be honest with yourself.

Polito-Brainwashing won't work Hunter is your leader, running things. Disgraceful. Disgusting. Dems are so dishonest.

Please stop. Independents and moderates don't believe that fake news. Biden is worse than any previous president let's move on.

Half a million people, many of them the very people who voted for Trump in 2016, dead because he said a pandemic was fake, is not "winning". To be honest, Trump cost himself the last election by killing off just enough of his constituents in Michigan and Pennsylvania. If he told them to wear masks, he probably wins.

Respectfully yours,

A Registered Independent

Edited by Carl Spackler

On 7/25/2022 at 7:55 AM, pantherclaw said:

There is a learning curve with every new owner, as there is with every new coach. 

It is frustrating being in the midst of this, but we will get out of it.

I think the biggest thing Tepper needs to learn is that when you make a mistake you don't keep double and tripling down on it trying to salvage it, you admit it was a mistake and a sunk cost and move on. 

There are MUTLIPLE examples of this. 

Rhule still being a coach this year is one of them.

The biggest one though is not just admitting we were going to suck ass Rhule's first year. We should have never cut Cam and signed Teddy. You could have trotted Cam out for one more season. When Cam was still injured you amicably move on at the end of his contract and tank our way to Trevor with Will Grier at the helm. 

Instead we swung and missed mediocrity with Teddy being barely better than average. But did they learn their lesson and restart with a young franchise guy like Justin Fields, no they swung and missed again with Darnold. 

Now they're swinging with Matt and Baker again. We keep doing half measures to try to get us out of hole of slightly better than the worst team in the league he has dug. 

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

What would have been the non "cheap" route they should have taken in the past 2 years that they didnt?  You take as many cheap low risk swings on younger qbs who have the physical tools as you can.  You dont sit on your hands and wait.

As a new owner, who had a one pick wonder savant, using that Hurndog, yes, I would have put together one of the best trade packages in history to aquire what Hurndog determined was the future at QB for the Carolina Panthers.

That's the last Hurney move before I would have put him out to pasture, nice office though. Hurney was like one of the only GMs to fly to Oregon on lockdown. We had high picks, futures and assets.

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

As a new owner, who had a one pick wonder savant, using that Hurndog, yes, I would have put together one of the best trade packages in history to aquire what Hurndog determined was the future at QB for the Carolina Panthers.

That's the last Hurney move before I would have put him out to pasture, nice office though. Hurney was like one of the only GMs to fly to Oregon on lockdown. We had high picks, futures and assets.

This feels like more of one of those hindsight is 20/20 things though.  A lot of people werent sold on Herbert and there were some questions there.  He also went 1 pick in front of us so I'm sure they thought there was a chance he would be there without trading a bunch of draft capital.

Just now, Tr3ach said:

This feels like more of one of those hindsight is 20/20 things though.  A lot of people werent sold on Herbert and there were some questions there.  He also went 1 pick in front of us so I'm sure they thought there was a chance he would be there without trading a bunch of draft capital.

No. I was always sold on Herbert. I was Hurndogs hype man when he made that trip. The thought that we were about to move heaven and earth to get Herbert, to me was glorious....

Smh.