• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday Panthers Camp Updates

Zod

6 hours ago, poundaway said:

The  OL in Cleveland allowed Baker to be sacked more than Sam last year.  They were 19th in pressure%, we were 32nd.  They were better than us, but I wouldn't call last year's performance great.

I'll take top 10 any day of the week.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2021-offensive-line-rankings

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/basic-offensive-line

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/2021-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-by-positional-unit/

https://www.olinestats.com/articles/2021-regular-season-offensive-line-rankings

I could go on. They are ranked very highly by...everybody 

• Pie 1

38 minutes ago, top dawg said:

The footballsiders and sharpfootballanalysis.com were before the season. 

The olinestats, still has the wordpress "w" as  their tab icon.

As for PFF, according to them, Paradis is a better center than Brian Burns is a DE.  I'm not against PFF, but I find their evals suspect when they don't line up with the data.

Even if you gave me 10 respectable links from the  end of year rankings, I wouldn't care.

Baker was sacked 43 times and Sam was sacked 35 times.  Your line ranking doesn't mean shlt when you're peeling your qb off the turf.   At one point both of the Browns starting tackles were down.   For rushing, their 2.5YBC ranked 15th. 

When your pressure% is 19th, and you're 27th in sacks allowed, a "great" line doesn't look that great.  

Edited by poundaway

1 minute ago, poundaway said:

The footballsiders and sharpfootballanalysis.com were before the season. 

The olinestats, still has the wordpress "w" as  their tab icon.

As for PFF, according to them, Paradis is a better center than Brian Burns is a DE.  I'm not against PFF, but I find their evals suspect when they don't line up with the data.

Even if you gave me 10 respectable links from the  end of year rankings, I wouldn't care.

Baker was sacked 43 times and Sam was sacked 35 times.  Your line ranking doesn't mean shlt when you're peeling your qb off the turf.   At one point both of the Browns starting tackles were down.   For rushing, their 2.5YBC ranked 15th. 

When your pressure% is 19th, and you're 27th in sacks allowed, a "great" line doesn't look that great.  

Yeah they had some injuries and were much better at run blocking than pass blocking (Chubb also broke a lot of tackles). Like you stated that doesn’t help the QB when they allow constant pressure, especially when that QB is already banged up….

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Yeah they had some injuries and were much better at run blocking than pass blocking (Chubb also broke a lot of tackles). Like you stated that doesn’t help the QB when they allow constant pressure, especially when that QB is already banged up….

Even the Browns pocket time was ass.  They had the 28th best pocket time.  Sam literally had more time to throw on average.

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah they lost both tackles, I think these ratings are a mix of either before the season or assuming the starting tackles return healthy this year. Does that football outsiders stat say they were 30th in pass pro? Not exactly the clearest chart to read

• Pie 1

49 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Baker caused the sacks and blamed his best OLINE in the league.... Part of the reason they wanted him out so bad.

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, poundaway said:

How did Baker cause the sacks?

Did Baker cause the high pressure% too?

Yes, held on to the ball way too long. Focused too much on his first read and was slow to get to his second. Even our improved oline would not have a single guy starting for his Browns Oline. Maybe, Moton over Conklin. Literally, was graded out the best Oline in the NFL and on paper as well. Best pass blocking RB as well.

Edited by Jared Patterson

25 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Even the Browns pocket time was ass.  They had the 28th best pocket time.  Sam literally had more time to throw on average.

And why was that when they were graded out best Oline in the league and ours second to last after Miami?

Edited by Jared Patterson